★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Owens Odyssey is the story of a boy, while on a journey, taking refuge from a storm in a dangerous place Castle Pookapick. A castle where spikes, saws, fire, falling rocks, lava and creatures try and end him. Its a bad place to take refuge. Its okay though. He can float past dangers using his trusty propeller hat.

Two difficultly modes!
40 levels of platforming fun over three acts!
Intuitive touch controls!
Game Center support for achievements and leaderboards!
Boss battles!

Popfaec's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-09-2014, 10:50 AM
NIt's always nice to have a next platformer backhand, while waiting for an update for the other one. I'm only three levels in, but i thought i give you some quick first impressions. Since the minus points were thrown into my face at first, let's start with them as well.

Dark side:
Icon says Owen's Od...(minor issue, but not thought out to the end, imho)
NO screen orientation !!! (home button left on 5s)
Sound/sfx is one button !
The stage timer starts immediately after loading.
Push the Start button instead of Continue and all your progress is lost without asking !

Force side:
Installed 20.5 MB
Fast loading
Good chiptune
Nice retro look
Gamecenter with a leaderboard and 43 achievements
Controls seem to be pretty good (well, only three easy levels in)
It's a flappy style, tap right to go up and forward, tap left to go left and down (fast tapping lets him go left and up again). Stay on a platform to rest a moment (time's running). They feel like they could hold up when the levels start to get challenging...we'll see.

Edit: you start with 7 lives and any beaten target-time in a level gives you one more. I lost all my lives on level 7, where i don't think that the twitchy controls hold up longer in more difficult levels...maybe. The point is, you can't repeat/excercise the levels, lose all your lives and you have to start all over at level 1 again.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 12-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.

12-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks for that, tempting, controls sound a bit odd ?

Plus no screen orientation, is the year 2009 ?!
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Is it just me... or does this game look amazing?!?!
12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
I finally beat level 10 with a nice and challenging sprint against rising lava, falling ghosts and the usual fire stuff in your way. End of Act 1.
Now, if you die anywhere (lose all lives) in Act 2, you restart here as well, only hit the Continue. You take over the score of Act 1. Phew...thought i have to start at the very beginning again.

It takes quite some time to get used to these controls, i guess, but one hint would be: jump into the ceilling and keep tapping for little steps. Let go and you make an almost vertical fall. You can overcome also some blades and such.

Recommended only for hardcore difficulty lovers.
12-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Video on its way

Hey guys I've just completed my YouTube video on this game check it out

http://youtu.be/DAJThYYqnBQ">Low bandwidth Version | http://youtu.be/DAJThYYqnBQ" target="_new">Pop Up

If you could just take a little bit of your time to leave a comment, thumbs up or even subscribe it would help greatly and motivate me to make more videos.

Last edited by imcookie; 12-11-2014 at 07:04 AM.
12-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Game Impressions

12-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by demod1 View Post
Is it just me... or does this game look amazing?!?!
You're not the only one, lol.

Now if only they could add in alternative d-pad and/or virtual joystick controls, this would be a lot better imo.
12-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Game Impressions

12-11-2014, 09:43 AM
The character reminds me of Mrs. Puff from Spongebob