Game Design Consultant

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by dogmeat, Jan 14, 2010.

1. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    #1 dogmeat, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Hello developers!

I am offering free ( for the time being ) consulting services to indie developers. A consultant is usually an outsider brought into a development project to look at it from an external perspective, identify weaknesses and suggest improvements/enhancements to the current project.

I have done this on an informal basis for the last year with several developers and thus far it has been a wonderful use of my time. So I've decided to make it official for now, by accepting one developer/project and seeing how that goes.

This is what I do at my current job, on top of all the other things that I do. I have worked in the game industry for just about 5 years in just about every aspect from coding to sound to graphics and primarily design.

All that I ask for is that you reccomend me to your developer buddies if I do good work.

So send me a PM if you need consulting services and we'll start there.

EDIT: Also, I have an NDA if you don't have one. Developers typically share IP during consulting sessions and an NDA covers you legally and is good business practice.

Talk to you soon,

Dogmeat

2. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    So far I have 2 clients. I'm determining the scope of their projects but don't let that stop you from shooting me a quick PM about your project. Depending on release dates and schedules I can work with multiple developers during different times as long as their release schedules aren't too soon and too close to each other.

Thanks for all the responses so far, if this really takes off, who knows, it may become my 2nd job :)

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I'd recommend getting his help ASAP. He's already helped me a ton.
    Maybe do it before he realizes he can charge for this....

4. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Thank's shiz :)

Also, for those of you who have contacted me once but have not gotten back to me yet via e-mail, I really need to do things via email. It gets too difficult to manage this many clients at one time via a forum private messaging system.

Also, I'm in the process of designing my site mindcrank.com so it's repurposed for my consulting portal. More to come on that soon.

The best way I can describe what I do is like the equivelant of a counselor for business. Consulting can involve me working with you on your ideas, either as a bouncing board or something more hands on. It's really up to you and up to the # of time I have in a day.