Good "Visual Novel"-style games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jazzpha, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm in the middle of finishing the final chapter of "The Secret of Chateau de Moreau", which has been an awesome experience so far. I was wondering if you all had any other games of that style to recommend, since Phoenix Wright has yet to make it to iOS.

Thanks!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You know there's one Phoenix Wright game for the iOS already right?

Cthulhu Uber Alles has a great story and narrative, but is lacking in gameplay mechanics.

Try the gamebooks too. I liked Judge Dredd a lot, but wasnt able to complete everything. Fighting Fantasy Blood of the Zombies is one of my favorites.

Im not sure if point and click adventures are ok with you, coz the telltale games are so well written in story and gameplay for almost every single one of their titles, with The Walking Dead being their most powerful title.

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'll definitely check those out; thanks! Don't know why I temporarily had amnesia on Walking Dead-- been meaning to try those out. Derp.

There's a Phoenix wright game out already? I thought the HD trilogy was the first ios release they were doing of the series, and that still hasn't hit yet. Thanks for the correction!

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    There is an english translation patch for the ios port of Steins;gate . You don't have to be jailbroken to apply it apparently.

http://tsuuun.blogspot.sg/

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I have no idea what kind of pricing Capcom have in mind for the HD trilogy, but if you buy the PW game that's already on the app store now, when HD Trilogy comes out, it'll basically be an update to the current app. If you want to take a chance with that, go ahead, but they could always go the "Ghost Trick" route and release something (be it the first game [doubt it], the first case, etc.) for free. Your call. ;)

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah Walking Dead has probably one of the best stories, but as EP also mentioned the Tinman Gamebooks aren't too bad, visually they tend to be a bit rushed past the cover but they're pretty good value overall.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    Hector: Badge of Carnage
    The Silent Age
    Broken Sword: Director's Cut
    Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror: Remastered
    Beneath a Steel Sky: Remastered
    The Last Express

Enjoy. :)

8. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    #8 squashy, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    Oh sh!t I have no idea there's a patch for the iOS version, thanks a bunch :D

Now I wonder if there's a patch for Chaos;head too... Wait that group is also working on Chaos;head? Awesomesauce!!! :eek: