Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Was wondering cause the "Time Savers" pack was never released on Vita, not like I needed it though. But I would love for this one to be released. I'm excited for all the cars except the Bugatti. I never really liked its look as fast as it was.

2. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
  3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Love the buggati's personally, don't know if the packs coming to Vita or not to be honest I'd say it's 50/50 should know in a few days.

What attracts me more than the actual cars is the added races though.

4. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    But sony is a moronic company that refuses to do the right thing. I really doubt they would even import fraction of those games outside of japan.

5. The only game that matters is already out in the US. All RPG fans need to buy Persona 4 Golden now. (Actually, most of the games in that video have already been released in the US...)

Sony paid Activision a ton of money so that the Vita can get a CoD game. Because of that, a lot of developers now also want Sony to pay to get their IPs on the Vita, which is why Borderlands and BioShock will probably never make it on the Vita. The last thing Sony should do is invest their resources on localizing Japanese third-party games. In the end, it's up to the niche companies such as Namco Bandai, Xseed, NISA, and Atlus to localize those games... which is why you should buy games like Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 3 to support those niche companies.

tl;dr: Buy Persona 4 Golden.

6. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Meh P4G isn't for me... But I really really really hope god eater 2 gets ported. Because right now, it's only planned for Japan release

7. Since D3 published Gods Eater Burst in the US, I'd bet that it'd be D3 that publishes GE2 in the US too. Better save up your money for D3's upcoming title then:
    [​IMG]

8. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yup. 2013 would be year of vita for rpg games!

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Even if they wanted to, they'd have issues publishing most of them themselves due to copyrights, licensing, and stuff like that. It's really up to the company that made it to try to find someone to publish it. Having first party compnies do it can cause all sorts of problems.

And Sony got screwed over on that deal. Apparently, the Vita was originally set to get a port of BlOps 2 with Vicarious Visions developing, but that fell theough, and Nihilistic was brought in last minute to make what they did in 5/6 months.

10. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Yeah people blaming Sony and NS for making cod black ops declassified.
    It was the activision who did it. If they actually funded well and bought black ops 2 port on the vita... They could have made more than 1 billion dollars of profits

11. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Only because COD is a big game franchise and Activision is a big company with lots of publishing powerhouse. And all that payment for what? A half-assed COD game with a terrible gameplay that bombed in both reviews and sales.

LOL, what? Many companies jumped ship to make games for 3DS, but not Vita. Lots of them still reluctant to jump into Vita bandwagon since Sony is struggling to sell Vita at this point.

This I'm planning to, but I gotta get my priorities and get Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and Book of Memories first.

12. The fact that CoD turned out to be crap doesn't change the fact that Sony used its own money to fund the game. Maybe I exaggerated a bit by saying that a lot of developers now want Sony to pay for their games, but Randy Pitchford and Ken Levine have stated explicitly that they won't make a Borderlands or BioShock game on the Vita unless Sony funds it. The situation really is a mess.

13. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Definitely the races are gonna be awesome! Can't wait to murder that Venom GT! lol Fingers crossed!

14. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Bioshock vita is probably going to happen. But for BL2... Not at all. They tried with iOS game they made. And they got so much hate on it. And I am pretty sure they are happy with sales on consoles and pc. So I don't see them jumping on to making ports unless Sony funds entire money on it...
    I do want to see BL2 gets on the vita tho. How awesome would that be? BL2 is not the game with most advanced graphic, so little bit of cut down there and there would work out fine

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

They said they didn't have the time to port it themselves, so some other developer would have to be paid to do the port if it was going to happen.

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Ken Levine never explicitly said Sony would need to pay to get BioShock Vita, but he did say that it all depends on the people at the top. Plus, when he 'announced' a BioShock game for the Vita, it was prior to it even being pitched or having a prototype. They were in the initial phase of creating design documents.

17. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Just give me the original XCOM as a PS1 classic and I'll never need to buy a Vita game again ;)

18. #3858 Haruhi, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    It seems to me that Take-Two doesn't want Levine to make a BioShock for the Vita, most likely due to Vita's low sales. Levine expects the "business people" at Sony to meet with the "business people" at Take-Two, but the meeting will go nowhere unless either (a) Sony somehow manages to convince them that developing for the Vita is worthwhile or (b) Sony pays for a new BioShock. Somehow I can't see option a happening, and I doubt Levine can see it happening either regardless of his personal interest in the Vita. Sony opened a whole new can of fish (no pun intended) by funding CoD, and frankly, I hope Sony doesn't pay for a new BioShock game that probably won't do much for sales at all.

Edit: Oh right, he didn't explicitly say that Sony needs to pay for BioShock Vita. I remembered the quote wrong. He does seem to heavily imply it though.

19. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    The problem and the reason Sony isnt going to spend another whole lot of money is,
    - they are already spending lots of money for soul sacrifice and killzone vita.
    - bioshock isn't the system seller

20. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Sony needs to spend (lots of money) on AAA titles that people will actually want to buy the system for. Vita doesn't have any real system seller at the moment, COD and ACL flopped miserably and there's nothing not even remotely earth-shattering in the horizon. And cut the price even if it means selling the Vita at a loss. With a competitive price and desirable games for the non-core crowd, Sony can then sit and watch the domino effect, 3rd parties will come and invest in high quality titles for us.