Jet Space - Retro-style shoot'em up

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ntx, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    #1 ntx, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

Hello everybody!

I'm developing a new shoot'em up game called Jet Space.
    The game is based on a cool and simple ideas similar to oldskool shoot'em up games, such as Scramble or River Raid but also include our own tricks and inventions.
    Moreover, this game is an endless type game with on-screen upgrades, collecting money and in-game shop to spend them.
    We hope to provide really involving space action, exciting speed rides and some destruction inside alien cosmic base...

This game is still under development so you are very welcome to share your opinions or impressions.

2. MDW

MDW Member

Feb 8, 2011
    software engineer
    Poland
    It could be good remake of classic shooter. I loved Zybex for Atari XL/XE. It is similar idea. Gameplay could be quite good. I'll try the game for sure.
    I hope you will release the game soon and it will be hit on the AppStore. Wish you TOP10 in US AppStore!

Pozdrawiam Rodaka (chrzÄ…szcz brzmi w trzcinie)! ;):cool:

3. Looks like Salamander a little. Good luck with it, I love side scrolling shooters, so if you ever need a beta tester, just ask. Good luck.

4. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Thank you guys for your good wishes. I hope that you will enjoy the game.

Connector - I will send you PM regarding to your beta testing.

5. big-boys-gadget-toys

big-boys-gadget-toys Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Hi looks good very similar to my game Cave Shooter 2 but with some iteration , look forward to trying it. I'm guessing you used tile maps to create it, I did so in cave shooter but went a different way in Cave Shooter 2 as I hand drew all parallax backgrounds in the sequal , would love some feedback from a developer creating a simular game so check cave shooter 2 out and let me know what you think, if you want another beta tester let me know, thanks and good luck with your game

6. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Some game shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. lightningfast

lightningfast Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    Hey man, that looks someway cute but pretty solid also (not to 'cute'). Is there a date of release known already? Looking forward to put my fingers on it.
    If you need some more testing I could try it also.

8. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    #8 ntx, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Thank you all for your great impressions. I think this game has many good old things but also modern ideas such as endless gameplay and in-game shop, but old feelings and good gameplay will be at the first place :)

You can write in this thread or PM me if you want to participate in beta-tests.
    Game will be probably ready in about next two-three weeks.

9. bladko

bladko Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    great retro feeling but with modern particles :)

this has been released or not ? need to try it

10. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Looks awesome! I have a few questions though: What do you plan for the initial release price? Will you give away promo codes at launch? Will there be any IAP's? Do you have a Twitter page I can follow? Anyway, retro, endless, shooter. Can't wait! :D Also, how can I beta test? I'd love to test it out :)

11. lightningfast

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    #11 lightningfast, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    hehe, I hope the developer didn't forget to release the title. Or abandon it :(. It's about a time to give us some fresh update! :rolleyes:

12. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Don't worry, Jet Space game is accepted by Apple, but is not available in the store because we decided to add some additional things such as in-game missions. Game will be finally available in next two weeks.

Here is game icon:

[​IMG]

13. SteakfryOne

SteakfryOne Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I tested it, and so far I love it! I like how when you shoot, a missile drops as well as a straight bullet. I also like the idea of an actual in-game shop. The controls could use a bit of work, though. I often find myself moving where I didn't want to. Maybe a virtual joystick? Overall, the game is an awesome experience with great graphics and sound that shouldn't be missed.

14. lightningfast

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    w8ing and w8ing... what takes so long? :mad: ;)

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What are the controls like? Relative touch?

16. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    #16 ntx, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Hi

Game will be released on January 23rd. We added several things to this game (e.g. missions, inventory shop before the game, new weapons, game stats) then release date is little delayed.
    Game is controlled by relative touch, ship is moving as quick as your finger :)

17. lightningfast

Aug 27, 2012
    London
    Yeah! Great to hear that, because I was going to forget about this topic since it takes so long, but if the release date is within easy reach I can wait a little more :).

18. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Congrats, looks great. I'll try it out and if the controls work for me i'll gladly buy an IAP or that to support you.

This is one game i'll want to download for sure this week, looking forward to it

20. lightningfast

Aug 27, 2012
    London