Our apologies for the Dark Harvest performance issues

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Red_Rocketeer, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Red_Rocketeer

Red_Rocketeer Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody!

This weekend we invited you to take our new game, Dark Harvest, for a spin.

Due to a technical issue at our studio, some of you received an email too late to get a free copy. And many of you who had the opportunity to download the game experienced performance lags on both 2G and 3G iPhones.

Please accept our apologies.

We are currently resubmitting a build of Dark Harvest to the App Store that will resolve the performance issues. By way of thanking everyone and apologizing, we’ll be giving away one of our other games, Mr. Hand, for 24-hours on the day of the Dark Harvest update release. So please keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks again for your support!
    Red Rocket Games

2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Shame about the glitches and the first impression, but I look forward to the fixes, other than that the game has proven very enjoyable so far.

3. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    Ill admit redrocket, seeing the artworks way back when it was not yet released i was so excited bout this game! But when it was released, i saw some screenshots and realized its a matching game!!!! but i really can't resist the artwork and downloaded it anyway, and boy i was proven wrong. it's a good game, i enjoy it. this is coming from someone who doesn't play this types of games! congratulations! You are forgiven!

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I was definitely pleasantly surprised at the fun gameplay and visual/sound presentation...but yeah, the lag issues I had were a real killer for the gameplay. Hope the upcoming update fixes all of that as Dark Harvest is really a fun game...I really liked unlocking more veggies for the garden :).

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'd pretty much given up on the match-3 genre until I started playing Dark Harvest; not only is the style unique and entertaining, the gameplay actually feels fresh (so to speak). I really did not have serious performance issues on my 3Gs, but I'll be glad if an update makes the game playable for a larger audience.

6. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    did you ever have the launcher stop responding to you...like it would launch balls, but wouldn't change directions...I thought someone else with a 3GS had commented on that happening to them?

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I've had the launcher stop loading new balls when the sky is overloaded and about to burst, but I thought that was just part of the gameplay. If it isn't, I would love to see a fix for that (if only to give me one last chance to save the day).

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    nice game

So I wasn't sure what to expect when I got this game, but it's really quite fun! Seems some people are having some technical problems, I've played many times for many hours and haven't had a problem. Lucky me I guess??
    This game is like if you mix a match 3 with bust a move with nightmare before xmas with uhm, a vegetable garden.
    It's like playing snood where the snoods are floating about.
    Hahah, highly recommended. Very nice game.
    :D

9. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, that happened to me a bunch, where I could see that the next color to feed in was the exact one I needed, but it would refuse to load it and the level would end :p

10. Red_Rocketeer

Red_Rocketeer Well-Known Member

Submitted latest version to Apple!

We made sure major bug fixes were made on this one. Solved lag problems, crashes and slow loads. Watch out for it and update your app! Thanks for being understanding... and forgiving. ;)

11. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Looking forward to that update being approved :)