Silent Swords ZERO - Official launch thread!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ArtCoder, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ArtCoder

ArtCoder Well-Known Member

The prequel to the first stealth action game for the iPhone and iPod touch, Silent Swords ZERO goes back in time to reveal more about the story of the Little Black Ninja. Who is he? What is he looking for? Why are the Silent Swords so special? All the answers lie hidden under the white snow in this thrilling new installment of the Silent Swords saga.

Features:
    • Learn more about the story behind the Silent Swords and the Little Black ninja through more than 10 beautifully drawn comic book pages.
    • 25 story levels across 3 different settings: the dangerous underground mines, the freezing snow-covered mountains and the mysterious temple ruins.
    • Extra levels to unlock once you finish the main quest. More levels to come in future updates!
    • New weapons! Throw darts to put your enemies to sleep, use smoke bombs to teleport anywhere in the blink of an eye!
    • New enemies! The military have employed civilians to aid them in their endeavors. Be careful, the ninja’s honor code forbids the slaughter of innocent souls.
    • New stealth moves! In snowy levels you can hide under the snow to go unnoticed even in lit areas.
    • OpenFeint achievements.
    • And, of course, all the true stealth gameplay, moves and weapons that you love from the first game: lurk in the shadows, dispatch enemies with gesture-driven sword attacks, throw shurikens for instant kills, and more!

Available worldwide
    APRIL 9

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So I take it that this has been approved by Apple already?

And also is this game 3.1.3 only too :(?

3. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Cool. It looks so much better than the original.

My only problem is the jump button on the Option 1 configuration. It doesn't work well and I tend to fall off and get zapped. It works but not as well as AC II.

4. ArtCoder

It's been approved :) This one supports OS 3.0 and up. (The update to Silent Swords with support for 3.0 is also coming in the next few days too!)

Thanks!

Really? I don't know what to say. We use that setting all the time and it works flawlessly for us, plus it's been tested by a lot of people. Maybe you can drop us an email or PM and tell us what isn't working for you so we can look into it.

5. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    When I try to jump from wall to wall, I tend to slide off- couldn't hold onto the wall. It doesn't seem to work for me. I am using configuration one for movement while switching to configuration two for jumping. Haven't tried the other ones but I don't think I need to ;) it's not bad I don't think it works well for me, don't know why though. It was easy for me on AC II jumping wall to wall...

Not a big issue.

Not sure if I saw the video correctly but can you slide on the frozen levels? That would be a nice add-on. Maybe disguise as one of the guards too.

6. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    This looks even better than the current one.

2 more days to insta-buy.

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    i´ve just finished the first one and now i will definitely get this one

8. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    The only thing I hate about setting a certain date as release date is that in Germany it comes out later than in NZ!!! They always get to paly the cool games first :'-(

9. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Oh, and ofcourse this will be an instant buy for me anyway ;)

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Bummer those time zones get in the way eh?

No matter for me, when the clock strikes 11PM EST I will be purchasing - LOVED the first one SO much!

11. ArtCoder

Thank you guys! We've put a lot of effort to make this new game a great experience for fans of the original. I'm glad you can notice that in the video :)

The LBN has special snow boots for extra perfect ninja moves, so no sliding on the frozen levels :p

Yeah, but don't you love those "haha it's already out here, you suckers!" threads? :D

12. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    What will the price be?

13. ArtCoder

$2.99 US, just like the original

14. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    The video looks very nice. I like the new additional features of this game. The LBN has some nice new moves.

and only two days until release! Can't wait!:)

Also waiting for that original silent swords update that should be here in a few days! I need those openfeint achievements!:p

15. ArtCoder

Thanks!

Update 1.3.1 should be out early next week!

16. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Looks like tap to move/shake to jump has been fixed, will be snapping this up when it's released!

17. ArtCoder

Oh, alternatives to shake to jump have been available for a while in Silent Swords! I'm sure most people shouldn't have any problems with the controls now :)

18. ArtCoder

It's already out in some countries :) (AU / NZ / ...)

19. hdeantoni

hdeantoni New Member

Dec 30, 2009
  20. Rumblepak

Rumblepak Active Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Looks cool but price is bit high, no?