★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-22-2014, 06:58 AM
^its a passed then, sadly.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
05-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Richard Dean Anderson must be rolling in his grave. (Metaphorically speaking, of course)

Next up from this developer: A Knight Rider parking game.

Last edited by Jake7905; 05-22-2014 at 03:21 PM.

05-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
This has nothing to do with Macgyver. Just a collection of mini puzzles. Heck, even the theme song isn't there!!
At least Big Fish had the decency to include the relevant theme song in their Murder, She Wrote games.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Unfortunately, licensed television/movie tie-in games have a habit of leaving out theme music due to the nature of the songs and the costs involved (as with Scrubs and CSI, for example), but if MSW can get its iconic theme, surely there's no good reason why MacGyver can't also.

Can't hug every cat.
05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
I've always thought this license would have been a perfect fit for a third person adventure game in the vein of Broken Sword/Monkey Island where you constantly find yourself in sticky situations that you have to use your wits and a combination of collected items to make the contraption necessary to get out alive.
05-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
I've always thought this license would have been a perfect fit for a third person adventure game in the vein of Broken Sword/Monkey Island where you constantly find yourself in sticky situations that you have to use your wits and a combination of collected items to make the contraption necessary to get out alive.
You're not the first to notice the perverse irony in MacGyver being an inspiration for many, many, many adventure games and their respective heroes, and yet somehow never managing to have a (proper) game of his own.

There was a suggestion made that Telltale should throw their hat in on this count; I'd certainly pick that up.

Can't hug every cat.
05-22-2014, 06:20 PM
I hate Mc Gyver, but the Game looks very interesting 😋
05-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphzeus View Post
i hate mc gyver...
blasphemy!
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphzeus View Post
I hate Mc Gyver, but the Game looks very interesting 😋
get out of this thread >=| (stabs you with paper clip)

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.