Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-18-2014, 05:41 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToothGames View Post
Throughout our testing and Urp!'s release, we've found that it runs great on older iPads including the iPad Mini (non-retina) so you definitely shouldn't be having trouble on your retina iPad Mini!

Unfortunately the issues you've described are unprecedented. Do you have the latest iOS? Have you had trouble with your iPad Mini retina in any other capacity?

Good luck and we hope you get to experience Urp! in all it's glory!
Thank you, it was weird that almost none of my new games worked and I had to update to 7.1.2 and now everything works fine. Thank you so much for the code. Here are my impressions.

This is a fantastic super polished action puzzler platformer with terrific graphics and gameplay. I am a huge fan of things that rotate. I'm starting to see this in a lot of my favorite games. The graphics might look a little childish but it's still a bunch of fun. I usually hate games that I have to rush before the time runs out. So I don't really like any speed run games except Mikey hooks. This game is not a speed runner but time is very important because if the time runs out it's game over. Essentially, your some kind of dinosaur that pushes and pops barrels into matching holes. You can use your popping power to pop the barrels into the air. So far the popping mechanics are working fine but they may need an adjustment. I sometimes have a difficult time popping them in the correct direction but it could entirely be my fault because I may not have gotten used to the controls. The touch areas for the buttons are fantastic and I think many other devs should implement this. So far I have seen many different types of mechanics that make the gameplay fresh and exciting. You need to collect all 3 eggs to get a 3 out of 3. That is how the scoring system works. Also in the levels there are coins to collect to upgrade your Dino. I don't think you need to buy an iap to beat the game but you may need to do a little grinding but I may also be wrong with that because I am not that far into the game. I do have three things that I think you could change/improve that would make this game better.

1. Add the zoom slider to the bottom middle where the time is located and switch the time to the top. On an iPad it is very difficult to adjust the zoom quickly and moving it to the bottom would make more sense because you can adjust it while your playing rather than spending 4 precious seconds of the timer making an adjustment each time.

2. Make the coins more transparent right when you collect them. There have been many times when I thought I collected all the coins in an area but as they float away I noticed that I missed a couple because the animation to me does not make it completely obvious that I got the coin right away.

3. In the market it is difficult to scroll through the items sideways. As I said before, it takes many swipes to go to one end to the other. A lot of the time when I swipe it will only nudge it a little bit.

Other than that, this is a fantastic game that people of any age will enjoy.

Last edited by coolpepper43; 07-18-2014 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 07:27 PM
iPad Air

I was -><- that close to buying this one today, until I read about the game over if the timer runs out thing. That is a bit too 80s/90s retro for moi. Any mode without a timer? Also that, coupled with IAP currency needed to add abilities to your character, makes me a bit weary. I know it's a cheap "entry price", not the point tho. Where you all grabbing promos from?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:42 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I was -><- that close to buying this one today, until I read about the game over if the timer runs out thing. That is a bit too 80s/90s retro for moi. Any mode without a timer? Also that, coupled with IAP currency needed to add abilities to your character, makes me a bit weary. I know it's a cheap "entry price", not the point tho. Where you all grabbing promos from?
The timer is what makes the game. You need to beat the clock. In a lot of the levels you pickup an item or two or three while playing the level that will add more time. It's actually quite fun. As of right now, I don't see any need to buy an iap.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
The timer is what makes the game. You need to beat the clock. In a lot of the levels you pickup an item or two or three while playing the level that will add more time. It's actually quite fun. As of right now, I don't see any need to buy an iap.

Thanks. I usually wanna solve my puzzles zen-style, timers tend to stress me out. Hm I'll ponder on this one some more
Old 07-21-2014, 07:53 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Thanks. I usually wanna solve my puzzles zen-style, timers tend to stress me out. Hm I'll ponder on this one some more
Your welcome.
I actually have the exact same mindset as you with games. I don't want to stress about timers in my puzzles or most other games. Usually timed puzzles are a deal breaker for me but this game does it pretty well. It's more of a race to the finish kind of platformer puzzler. I don't even think the game would work at all well without the countdown timer. At first I was upset about it but then you realize the importance of it.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:55 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Funny you should say so.... try our newest game Crystal Bloom!

It's a zen-puzzler with 10,000 levels available now for iPhone and iPad (and Android) for FREE!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id875945397?mt=8

Jump on the Crystal Bloom thread and let us know what you think!

Thanks!