Zombie Outbreak Simulator coming soon for iPad/iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jay Weston, Jan 18, 2012.

1. #1 Jay Weston, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    *Trailer Update:

[​IMG]

Hi guys,
    Jay Weston here from Binary Space. We are porting our PC game, Zombie Outbreak Simulator (ZOS) to iOS. ZOS met with a huge buzz online when it was released 2 years ago and went on to be played over 2.8 million times. We are now developing ZOS for the iPhone and iPad, with the addition of pinch to zoom features that show the outbreak on an even larger scale. Here is our work in progress!

ZOS is a sandbox game running on Google Maps (R) that allows you to observe a zombie outbreak in an actual, photographic, real world environment. Infection options allow you to tailor an outbreak to your hearts content - create classic "slow-movers", and disarm the population, or adjust zombie speed to modern day "fast-movers", and give everyone a gun. See the screenshot below for the full list of options for creating your own flavor of outbreak:

[​IMG]

The following video is our latest development update showing the game in its current state, which is mostly feature complete except for the infection options.

Here is the new zoomed out view, via the new pinch to zoom features:

[​IMG]

As well as a new, super high detail map in the Netherlands:

[​IMG]

Follow us here, or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/class3outbreak), or sign up to our newsletter at www.binaryspacegames.com

Would like to hear what you think. Thanks for watching!

Regards,
    Jay

2. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Looks interesting

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm a bit Lost here is this going to be "a game" or just something for you to watch?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Will it require online connection or be MMPO?

This seems similar to Zombilution.

5. Somewhere in the middle probably, that's why we call it a sandbox game. As per the settings screenshot, you can adjust things like zombie speed and civilian accuracy then reset the simulation and see how the outbreak unfolds, then adjust and re-run, etc.

6. The game runs on Google Maps imagery so yes you will need to be online. If there's a huge demand for an offline mode we may include it at some point.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #7 undeadcow, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Consider this a request for offline mode. It would be great if Apple would allow for Google Maps to be saved locally so they could be downloaded then played offline.

More interactivity would be nice, maybe a playable character. See iOS game Manesty for an example of a game where you can't control characters directly but offers rewarding play.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'd say an offline mode would be needed too. As being an iPod user means when I'm out the house I have no Internet connection.

9. Thanks for the feedback undeadcow. Did you mean "Amnesty"? I had trouble finding any game by Manesty or Amnesty.

10. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I would like it to be offline mode where when we are online we can download the maps of the countries we're in so i can watch the zombies run around my local town.

Consider this a request for offline mode.

11. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    played this on my pc a few years ago, if I remember correctly it was a flash game and hilarious fun, looking forward to this :)

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Majesty, sorry typo.

13. Beta Test Zombie Outbreak Simulator

Zombie Outbreak Simulator for iOS is now in Beta! This means that we are essentially feature complete and are ready to begin testing!

We only have a limited number of keys to giveaway, but if you can help us do a great job testing our game then we would love to hear from you.

If you’d like to test Zombie Outbreak Simulator and have access to a 3rd gen or higher iOS device then please fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/8a6art8

Thank you, we look forward to releasing soon with your help.

Regards,
    Jay and Saxon
    Binary Space

14. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    The simulation, are the maps still always online or can we download them for offline use?

Signed up regardless.

15. Hi Trundley,
    No problems, we will get you set up with a beta copy shortly.

The maps are still online only at this point, you can't download them.

Cheers,
    Jay

16. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    "at this point..." hinting at the possibility of being able to download them?

I just an idea: Would it be possible, in the future, to import/design our own "maps" and make certain areas passible/non-passible so that we can design, say, a fortress and arm the civillians and see how it turns out against the zombies.

17. Hey Trundley, we are going to have to see how the release goes. If it's a rousing success then downloadable maps will be high on the list of priorities.

User made maps would also be a possibility.

Thanks!
    Jay

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  19. Final iZOS Development Video

We have been releasing update videos as development proceeds, and here is the final one! As we posted yesterday, this means we are 100% feature complete and now in beta testing. If you haven’t already, sign up to become a tester here: http://tinyurl.com/8a6art8

Check out the complete video here for the final additions:

20. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Just signed up for the beta looks like a really good game.