Some Game Music I'm Working On

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by bunksteve, Feb 28, 2014.

1. bunksteve

bunksteve Member

Feb 10, 2014
  2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    On the opening one
    -Drums at start were boring and too long
    -There was no/little bass lines to tie in with the drums making them feel disconnected
    -The key change at the end should of come way earlier because it was getting a little repetitive.
    -Needs to be mixed better (although I am not good at mixing so I can't really give advice about whats wrong.
    -Needs some change up in the drums, like double pace sections or something. It is very one paced.
    -The little tune was cool.

The second one
    - I liked this one better, but it is more of a chill out type track
    - Again drums a little one paced
    - Stroll in the park I feel, fight for survival I don't feel at all.

They seem like odd song selections for a brawler.

3. bunksteve

bunksteve Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Actually, level 2 takes place in a park, so you aren't so far off.

I should explain that the tone is pretty weird and humorous, so it may seem antithetical to a brawler, but it will fit. I swear! Also the earlier levels are way more "relaxed" than the later levels get, and the music will reflect that.

Anyway, thanks for the other feedback. I know it's hard to judge outside of context of the game, so I appreciate you trying.

4. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Song 1 is good, and yeah, the drums could be cut short if I do suggest anything. It could also do with just a bit more spicing up, and I do know its a WIP so I assume you'll be doing enough of that.
    Song 2 was extremely catchy and I immediately loved. No criticizing available for that one.

5. bunksteve

bunksteve Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Appreciate the feedback.

Re: Song 1: It's for an opening cinematic, so it might be tough to judge just on it's own merit. Hopefully the visuals/story will be distracting enough. But in my brain, each little sections contains a bit of the opening with the main title screen kicking in around the 2:00 minute mark with that main, full riff.

As for song 2... well... hours and hours of Castle Crashers might have inspired that one. :D

Thanks again!