Spider Leaderboards - New & Improved!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Randy Smith, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Doesn't it suck that you can't search for all your entries on the Spider Leaderboards? Well, no more!! The nerdcore lab-coat-wearing R&D website scientists over at TigerStyleGames.com have cooked up an amazing invention: searchable Leaderboards!! Type in your handle and let 'er rip to find every score you've ever submitted!

Check 'em out here.
    Click "Leaderboards."

Let's take a look at who is on the top of the charts...

[​IMG]
    Daniel Torres!! We don't know who he is, but he's been dominating the Adventure charts, followed closely by Bindango and Charlotte's Web. And who is that on the top of the Fastest Playthrough charts!?? Why, that's me! Couldn't be because I designed all the levels, of course... naw. Big ups to Space Kitty, Luke B, and the others for crowding my top spot.

[​IMG]
    What's up with Feeding Frenzy? Holy cow, EddieM, Dannylee, DancyTexas, Gibs.. what kind of crazy secret exploit have you got figured out!! Over 500 insects eaten!?? I didn't even get 20% of that number during the development of Spider, and I played Frenzy a LOT. You guys are dangerous!

[​IMG]
    Here's a punishing game mode, Hunger. David from Tiger Style charts way up there as Legulous Prime, part spider, part unstoppable robot machine. Hunger Mode caps out at level 30 for those of us who haven't touched that kind of greatness. But what's this!?? LukeB is not only charting alongside David, he's publicly bragging that he never uses level restarts to inflate his score artificially!! This is one bold man!

[​IMG]
    Poor, neglected Precision Mode. Surely there is room for a challenger out there to muscle into the top 10? Props to Rebd who is holding his own at the #1 scoring spot! Also we see LukeB's dominance once again on these charts, and we see that not only by rights should he have the #1 Fastest Playthrough here (Tasty K's score was accidentally submitted during an internal playtest, and we'll delete it shortly) but his best time is even better than my best time in the much less challenging Adventure mode! Kaewan, Bobo, Babu, Spidey, Bick, and Elvis - nice looking scores, let's see if you can up your game just a bit more!

Yes, indeed, these are the heroes and legends of Spider high scores. If you've ever thought about joining these ranks, now might be a good time to practice... a Spider contest is in the works...

While you're at our website, please stop by the appropriate thread on our forums to give us your thoughts on the big Spider update that is coming soon! Check out this "Favorite Level" poll in particular!

Thanks!
    Randy from Tiger Style
    [​IMG]

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I love you guys. Thanks for actively updating a game that personally I feel is a finished as it could be. I honestly see no way to improve on the game. In a word,...it's perfect.

3. Randy Smith

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks, sir. What's your handle on the Leaderboards, so I can look you up?

4. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    The leader boards looks more polished now. I like it. The search button makes it even better. That would be cool, if we could do some kind of challenge against friends..

I don't play the other games too often, just the story mode. But it really does look cool.

5. Randy Smith

Aug 11, 2009
    Well, we'd really like it if you played the other game modes. We've been trying to figure out how to make them more awesome. :)

6. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #6 Grubjelly, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    For players unaware of the fact that you can make overlapping mondo webs and score big points throughout the game, here are a few screenshots of level 1 in which I always start by making either a 10k+5k or one 10k web, depending on how well I'm playing that session. The way in which a web is begun and finished seems to influence the likehood of a double (superimposed) web being successfully spun, though I haven't figured out the exact rule determining whether one will be produced or not. What I like best about hunger mode is that bug combos are scored in such a way as to make them a priority, with dragonflies fetching up to around 12k each. The first slides are from Adventure mode; the second are from Precision.

lukeb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my most satisfying bug combos in Spider precision mode. I must have knocked each of those fireflies around no less than a dozen times before finally managing to concentrate them in one corner and set up the feast. Prior to that combo, just a few bugs were eaten down by the person's feet in order to replenish silk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Randy Smith

Aug 11, 2009
    Grubjelly, you have some intense Spider skills.

Ever since I posted this originally, the leaderboards have lit up. Our diligent players have cracked the 1,000,000 mark that we previously thought unattainable in both Adventure and Frenzy modes. Hunger and Precision have yet to be cracked, but someone named only "ZET" has eaten an amazing 735 insects in Frenzy!!

This is a great time to hone up your Spider skills, because at some point in the future, you may find that Spider skills translate into awesome rewards. Who knows, it could happen. I'm just saying.

8. Vali

Vali Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Is this out yet or it in beta?

9. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    I made a small overlapping web a few days ago. I thought it was a bug.

So is this a Bug, or a planned feature, or a Bug that you keep in the game as a new feature? :D