Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Blobcat - iOS Game Dev Diary

Over a year ago I tried to make a game in one day. It didn't work out but I've been noodling on it on and off ever since and it's slowly coming together so I thought I'd start trying to get some feedback.

The game is going to be a smartphone shoot em up/ defense game with some very basic upgrade/ rpg style elements.

You can read a little about the game and see its current status here: http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2013/12/blobcat-game-day/

The original blog post in April 2012 is here: http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2012/04/iphone-game-day/

Youtube link | Pop Up

I've done a bit more work over the holiday so it's all becoming a real seeming thing. I know it's hard to offer feedback without actually playing the game but I'd love to get any comments you have.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's the latest Blobcat game update

I spent some time over the holidays working on Blobcat (it's a hobby on top of my day job).

- added animations and eye movements to the bobcat. IMO this has made a big difference in how he feels
- made the bobcat move around more. He rotates when moving left and right - and he moves away from his protector - which adds extra movement in the background.
- added damage particles (which need replacing)
- different facial expressions which show level of damage (more will be done with this)
- changed enemy graphics. These will be redone entirely - but now they show which direction they are travelling from.
- started upgrades screen. This isn't in the video - and it's something I wanted to get further on. But it's nice that it exists and is loading some content.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Looks pretty interesting. The art style is neat. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 PM
iPhone 5

I love cats very much, so I'll keep an eye on that one!