★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-28-2014, 08:24 AM
I think this is your best game yet. I still think power ups and custom death matches (the first to x kills) would put this game over the top. Also maybe a way to change the AI difficulty would be nice.
03-29-2014, 05:07 AM
Definitely the best yet!

I agree with the power up suggestions! Also what about team matches? 2v2 3v1 etc... I think objective based games would work well - capture the flag etc. it would be nice to have more options against the CPU. 1v1 etc...
Just a thought but dynamic arenas might work too - there's a switch that sets off a trap and the players race to hit the switch!

Excellent game already! Loads of potential too!

03-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Super little game! I feel a bit of a fool playing against AI tho! Why don't I have any cool/nerdy friends!?!
03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Super little game! I feel a bit of a fool playing against AI tho! Why don't I have any cool/nerdy friends!?!
Lol I don't have any cool/nerdy friends but I do have children I guess it's a bit of a drastic approach if your just wanting to play multilayer though.
03-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Lol I don't have any cool/nerdy friends but I do have children I guess it's a bit of a drastic approach if your just wanting to play multilayer though.
HAHA, yea, talk about consumable ongoing costs to play a game. 50 a week extra for food and pocket money! Call it Kids Mode IAP
I'll just have to nerdify my girlfriend some more until that day comes naturally
03-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback & ideas! I tried a few power ups and different game modes while I was developing the game but felt that the game was best in its simplest form. The less there are rules, the easier the game is to pick up and play with friends, I think.

Im probably going to update the game with more content some day, at least with more levels (the dynamic arenas Neddy F suggested might be great).

Also, if you need nerdy friends to play local multiplayer games with, give me a PM if you ever visit Tampere

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
04-01-2014, 03:07 PM
This game deserves more coverage!
04-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Finally got around to playing this and I can safely say that all of the praise it's received so far is more than deserved! I have to agree with many of the players here that this is the best game from the dev yet - which is a massive compliment; Wrestle Jump is/was my all-time favourite party game and I still end up in hysterics when I play against my wife.

Everything about the game is perfected. The visuals excel and it runs so smoothly even on my older devices. The controls walk the line of responsiveness and lack of absolute dominion over your character, bringing the manic panic that these games always seem to master. It's incredibly fun with friends, especially with four of you elbowing each other and cheering; I never would have expected four players on one device to work so well, but if someone could do it, I'm not surprised it was this dev!

I think it's obvious that I adore this game, for such a minimal price you get the ultimate party game and it's testament to the quality of the gameplay that it's still incredibly fun in single player against bots. Buy it, there's no other option!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
04-04-2014, 05:06 AM
Aww, thanks guys! Much appreciated

To me, a couple of players really liking the game is more than enough to justify the development of the game. I spent almost 4 months working on this super simple thing, polishing everything I could. I personally like how the camera turned out - it moves just the way I wanted it to, zooming and rotating according to the players' location.

All in all, it was a fun project to work on, and it's great to hear people liking it

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
This is a really great game, I have enjoyed every game this guy has put out.