They're Coming Back! : SpikeDislike3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jayenkai, May 28, 2015.

1. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England

I had to get a new MacMini to compile this, so it'd better be worth it!!

The Spikes are back, and I'm heading back to the style of the original.
    There are NO EXTRA LIVES! This game is as hard as nails!
    But don't worry, there's oodles of stuff to keep you entertained, like a whole bunch of great-ish looking themes, and all manner of wonderful oddities sprinkled throughout.
    SpikeDislike3 takes everything that was good about the original, and turns it up a notch.

Game Development Progress : Although the engine is wonderfully complete, there are menu tweaks to be made, (I'm still not happy about that Scoreboard layout) and a whole lot of fixings to the various gameplay styles. I'm also working on a set of levels, which need balancing out, and made more "obvious" to new players.
    Hopefully I should get everything done in a fairly short amount of time.

Estimated Release : Mid-June 2015

2. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Nearly ready for that upload, now!
    I've spent the past few hours filling in all the appropriate iTunesConnect data, and am putting the final touches to the game.
    All appears to be going well, which is usually about the time when it all inexplicably falls apart, due to some insanely stupid thing that nobody could ever have predicted!!

[​IMG]

Soon, there will be bouncing :D

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Fantastic news! I love your games!

4. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Time for a proper trailer!

Current Status : Waiting for Review

5. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Current Status : Still waiting for Review... Gah!

I uploaded Invisible Munky 2 last Sunday, and that's not even "In Review" yet. SpikeDislike3 was uploaded on Wednesday, so expect a few days between one showing up, and then the other.
    After that, I'll probably also be releasing ChuckABall, too, because I've become somewhat addicted to that over the past couple of days!

*sigh*
    Coding games, Composing music, Creating art, even making trailers and uploading everything, I can cope with.. But .. Then there's that waiting.. .. Ugh.

Shouldn't be too long. *fingers crossed*

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I look forward to it. I love all your games, but spike dislike are my faves.

7. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    [​IMG]

The waiting game.
    I hate this game!
    I'm now waiting for THREE games to get through Apple Review, and given we're now knee deep in WWDC-City, I can't see that happening any time soon!
    Bah, humbug.

Hopefully I did everything correctly, otherwise I've got 3 games to fix!!

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Fingers crossed for you that it won't take long.

9. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    One down, two to go!
    Invisible Munky 2 is now available in the AppStore, and is free for today (June 10th) only.

Forum Topic

10. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Unfortunately, Apple have rejected the first upload.

The reason : I added "SpikeDislike" and "SpikeDislike2" to the metadata keyword list.
    Apparently, I'm not allowed to name the previous editions of the very same game that I'm uploading.
    A ludicrously dumb rule, especially given the number of clones/rip-offs and other things that are flooding the AppStore... and a rule which has probably set the thing back another entire week or so.

Very annoyed, right now.

11. Jayenkai

Jan 17, 2011
    Erm... Bum!
    Bolton, England
    Sorry everyone, still no sign of this. I'm just going to assume it's going to be the rubbish "10 days for a review" wait. I was hoping it'd get priority due to the whole issue being nothing but a silly keyword, but. Nope.. Not in Apple's world.
    *sigh*

Hopefully the fact that even PocketGamer posted about it, means that there's a nice audience waiting to get their hands on the spikes. I can only apologise for the silly delay that Apple's nonsensical rules have caused.