Desert Quest - a Unique, Magical 3D World to Explore

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SCSGames, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCSGames

SCSGames Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Software Developer (natural habitat :)
    Mississauga, Canada
    #1 SCSGames, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    [​IMG]

Hi guys,

We've been working on our next and, as it turned out, our most ambitios project for a while now, and we're finally ready to show something for it. :) We've decided to call it Desert Quest, and it's a unique dual-stick action/adventure game that takes place in a painstakingly built and animated fantasy world.

It all begins when one bright, sunny day, your princess, the love of your live, is suddenly kidnapped by evil spirits and is hidden somewhere in one of your dreams. You fall asleep determined to find and save her, and when you open your eyes, you find yourself in a magic, unknown, and a little strange world full of spirits and animals. As you fight your way through, you discover that you have lots of items to help you - weapons, magic spells, various equipment, etc. There's also mini-puzzle games to play while you're in the game.

We're planning to release it at the end of July, and will announce the exact date closer to that time. Just like with most of our games, this one will highly likely be free for a day or so when it comes out, so stay tuned. The current release date is set to be August 4.

(Slightly) More Info: Our Website

What do you think? :)

Video:

Attached Files:

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Consider me curious...

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Same. This looks really interesting...

4. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    Yeah, we're curious, too. :) Hopefully once we add the video it'll satisfy some of the curiosity. :)

5. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    A quick update - after a couple of nearly sleepless nights, we've finished the game and submitted it for review. We also have an official release date, if all goes well with the review process - July 28.

Off to work on a video now to give a better feel for the game itself.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You definitively picked my interest!!!
    Looking forward for more infos!

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I'm liking the art. Kinda unique. I'm all ears...and eyes.

8. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    Thanks, guys. :) We're working hard on making the video right now.
    The game will be free for a day when it comes, but if you don't get a chance to catch it then, let us know and we can give you promo codes to get it for free anyway. :)

9. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Thats cool. Are you planning to do any promo code contests or some thing to build some hype? Can't wait for a video

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Does it play more like 2.5D ?

11. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    Yeah, after the game becomes paid, we're planning to leave some codes here, actually. :) We're also looking at other possible ways, but being a very small studio, we can't afford a proper marketing campaign. We'd gladly listen to any neat ideas you guys might have for this, both wacky and non-wacky ones. :)

One other thing we were thinking (not really for marketing, but just because it would be cool and because we're running out of casual ones to wear ourselves) was making related custom T-shirts, either for free for some limited quantities or to sell at-cost.

12. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    Kinda, yes. But the motion is not just forwards-and-backwards, you can also go into and out of the screen depthwise. And you (i.e. the main guy :)) is animated fully in 3D.

13. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Nice. I think the T-shirts are a good idea. I'll let you know if I think of anything cool

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

The first 15. Minutes of Gameplay taken directly from the current HD Build. As you can clearly see the Game has a huge among of Content and the Idea behind it is unique and well put together even in it`s current Version.

...I am looking looking forward for the Final Build since we are having here a Gem...

15. MacKitteh

MacKitteh Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Games Artist
    UK
    Art style looks interesting, and different. Love the music and sound effects, creates a nice atmosphere.

16. SCSGames

Sep 22, 2009
    Mississauga, Canada
    Wow, didn't expect a video to be posted here so fast, even before the game comes out. :) Anyway, here's our trailer for the game. One other thing to note is that we've postponed the release until August 4th to give us a bit more time for launch preparations:

17. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Nice trailer! Gameplay and artwork look awesome. I also like the music. Cant wait to play it