Lanota: a novel indie rhythm game with an adventure story

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Julibea, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julibea

Julibea Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Project manager of mobile game "Lanota" by Noxy Ga
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Hi everyone,

We are indie developers Noxy Games from Taiwan, and are glad to present our upcoming debut game here!
    Lanota is a refreshing blend of rhythm game and role-playing in an artistic picture book design style for every curious mind, and will be released on App Store in a couple of days.

Here's our trailer, please have the caption on for the story text localization:

In the story in Lanota, the world is being gradually etched by a disaster that deprive every color and sound. Join the adventure, explore a fog-covered map and recover the world by delicate “tuning” at the location of each stage, enjoy a picture book, and collect items and pieces of music as the story progresses.

Storyline

“History is learned through the sacred silence.”

The story happens in a world much like that we used to know but somehow a little bit different.

Since two and half centuries ago, almost all of the world is lost in a colorless silence under the effect of “Al Niente.” The affected area can only be restored by using an artificial product from the era before Al Niente: the “Notalium.” However, the original method people used to produce Notalium before Al Niente has yet to be determined, and it is impossible to produce more Notalium for now. The only way to recover from the desolation and ensure a peaceful and harmony world is to make use of the remaining Notalium.

The journey of the main characters — Fisica and Ritmo — is to restore the world with the “notalium tuner,” change the “disordered” Notalium into their “ordered” state by “tuning” them, and discover a colorful world accompanied by the sound of music.

Game play

Follow the beat of music and play the music/rhythm game on a plate representing the notalium tuner owned by Fisica and Ritmo.

The leading feature of the game system in Lanota is the uniquely designed “plate animation” that add a fresh taste to the conventional “note-movement only” play style. While notes emerge from the center of the plate in a 3D-falling manner and guide you to perform different movements, the plate itself also moves with the ups and downs of the rhythm, presenting a splendid show for both the player and observer.

And we have genres of music in the game from relaxing to core!

Enjoy the story in different ways

Explore the map and reveal the story as well as the true color of the world. The adventure is illustrated in an artistic picture book for you to review and enjoy at anytime (also provided with hidden scenarios when some challenges are completed!); collect items on the way to dig more about the story.

[​IMG]
    The map at the beginning of the game, while the fog covers un-explored location​

[​IMG]
    The picture book in the game​

That's the brief introduction of Lanota! We hope to release very soon so stay tuned if you are interested.

And here's some introduction of ourselves: We are indie developers from Taiwan, our team is formed of five rhythm game players each with 7 to 10 years of experiences in both PC and arcade games, and we run on our love to games and daily coffee & beer.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to shoot any questions or comments; also welcomed to keep in touch on Facebook and Twitter.

2. toejam_

toejam_ New Member

Jun 29, 2016
    This all looks really impressive guys. What a fantastic game, I can see how the difficulty will start to ramp up. Let me know what's needed to get testing on this game!

3. caroparo

caroparo Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    #3 caroparo, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Hey I've tried your game in Taipei Game Developers Forum! It's really polished and smooth.

Edit: sorry about links I tried to add here. Didn't intend to spam, so I removed them all.

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    This looks beautiful. I'm really eager to dive in. What's the release date? And what model are you using? Premium? or F2P?

5. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Looks great

Always online?
    Price tag/IAP?
    Universal app?

Always online is problem a bit.
    But I am totally sold.
    Looks gorgeous and will be playable on smaller screen pretty well.

Here is my order:
    Ne m'oubliez pas - Triodust
    SIHanatsuka - Vortex
    yanagi ft. Mika Kobayashi - Chronosis song
    Massive New Krew - DARSANA

thx :)

6. Julibea

Julibea Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Taipei, Taiwan
    #6 Julibea, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Thanks for replying! & some questions answered

Hi everyone thanks for all the responses!

For the questions I should add as follows:

Release date
    Scheduled to release on July 13th, 2016 at 00:00 (GMT+8).
    For U.S. and Canada that should be July 12th in the morning I think?

Price
    The debut release of Lanota will be USD $1.99 to download with two chapters of main story; and one chapter of side story as the IAP costs $3.99.
    Future updates will gradually reveal the following chapters of story. (And we are already working on them)

Internet connection
    Not required while playing, but if you wish to share your result on Facebook or Twitter that'll be necessary when you're ready to share the post.

Device
    We try to make the game play experience both as good as on phones and tablets. It is definitely possible to play most of the charts by holding your iPhone and merely using two thumbs (we did test plays on all of them).
    On technical aspect, we've tested iPad mini and iPhone 4S and in most times both devices run smooth and fine.

Thanks again! Any more inquiries are welcomed by replying and messaging.

7. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Questions all over the place.

Wow. Offline, premium price and relatively well priced IAP?
    OK. I am in!
    I have few more questions to keep this thread alive before release date.
    First was already asked by me.
    Is it universal app? If I buy it on iphone, can I play it on tablet too and vice versa?

8. Julibea

Julibea Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Sorry for the late reply,

Yes, Lanota is universal!

One note I should add, some players have been asking about whether we've got Game Center; the answer is YES we have Achievements and Leaderboard.

Again thanks for replying :) Feel free to throw me more questions since we are approaching the release date!

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Looks amazing!

10. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    todays question

Can You confirm number of songs in basic 1.99 pack and how many is in 3.99 IAP? thx

11. Julibea

Julibea Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Taipei, Taiwan
    The basic 1.99 comprises 2 chapters (Main story Chapter 0 & 1) including 11 tracks, and
    the 3.99 IAP gives 1 chapter (Side story chapter 1) including 5 tracks.
    (More chapters and tracks will gradually roll out in future updates)

Kind of a reverse as it may sound, but we decide to make the game as affordable as is enjoyable for everyone.
    Thanks again!

12. Hochy

Hochy Active Member

Mar 13, 2013
    #12 Hochy, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Last post

Ok guys'n'girls, Your big hour is almost here.
    Thx for delivered info. Hope game will bring pleasant experience.
    Wish You all best and hope we will see another rising company like Rayark.
    Whooo, Taiwan became rhythm game mastermind.

Will check game once it's available in Appstore.
    And don't forget ignore piracy statistics...for your own good health. :)

Good sales &
    fingercross!

Greetings from Czech Republic.
    Michal Hochmajer

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Out now!! https://goo.gl/BJ8qMX