★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SuperChop Games
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 124.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ephemerid is a musical adventure game about insects, bugs, and rock n' roll. In Ephemerid, you will help a simple mayfly find its destiny through the power of music.

The gameplay, narrative, and music intertwine and build into a complete experience. Lean back, relax and enjoy it as a whole, as you would a favorite album. Ephemerid is a rock fairy tale created especially for your iPad.

Ephemerid includes no in-app purchases.

ACCOLADES

2015 IGF Winner: Excellence in Audio
2014 SXSW Gamer's Voice Finalist
2014 BIG Festival Finalist
2013 IndieCade Finalist
2013 Captivate Finalist

KEY FEATURES

Ephemerids beating heart is its original soundtrack, skillful rock guitar with a classical flair.

The world of Ephemerid is faithfully handcrafted out of cut paper, glass, and paint.

Each setting introduces intuitive challenges which play in harmony with the music.

An adventure for all ages, Ephemerid has no tutorial. The music and your intuition are your guides.
06-25-2014, 06:20 PM
So, this is out too... What an expensive week

Game Center ID: copaeci

06-26-2014, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
So, this is out too... What an expensive week

YouTube: video
the game looks adorable. and yes also a tiring week playing all those great release none stop gave me a dizzy head.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
In the "don't miss this game" category I'd like to nominate EPHEMERID this week.
It's a musical experience unlike anything else and it's so good.

Find me on Twitter
06-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Is this a game or more of an experience? I watched a couple if videos, but I found it hard to tell.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Is this a game or more of an experience? I watched a couple if videos, but I found it hard to tell.
More of an experience but it's a very good, well made experience. Beautiful, even.
06-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
More of an experience but it's a very good, well made experience. Beautiful, even.
How long did you take to finish the game?

Game Center ID: copaeci
06-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
How long did you take to finish the game?
Only 6 levels in and taking it slow in case it goes too quick. Each level once completed is accessed via a portion on 12 inch vinyl that is accessed by spinning the vinyl. That alone is worth the entrance money for me. Took me about 30 minutes to do 6 levels and I fear that there may only be twelve - one for each inch of vinyl - although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a double album as most concept albums used to be.
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
I haven't played the final version yet (though I did buy it), but I played this at SXSW and it was incredible. It's more an experience than a game, but like listening to your favorite album, it's one you can have over and over again. Highly recommended.

Designer & Programmer of Doggins, a Quiet Adventure for iPad
01-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time obviously. Very recommended! (Even for those who didn't like rhythm games before.) Must have!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)