iPad Roll and Eat (free game by Smart Physics)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lamdeboy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. lamdeboy

lamdeboy New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    #1 lamdeboy, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Train your brain with Roll and Eat by Smart Physics.

***Game features:

UNIVERSAL: iPhone, iPhone retina, iPad and iPad retina, iPod touch... Different graphics sets to fit all of your devices. Enjoy the crisp characters on your retina displays.

3 EPISODES with 54 LEVELS There are 18 levels in each season Spring, Autumn and Winter. Each one has different game items and thus different strategy to feed monkeys and bears.

UNIQUE GAMEPLAY with BRAIN-TEASING FUN Interact with the environment to help the animals roll. Difficulty increases as the game progresses. Even when levels are already cleared, you can come back later to earn 3-star badges. Also try to finish the game as fast as possible to get highest scores.

AWESOME GRAPHICS and SOUND Feel the graphic details and the well-blended sounds. Three different environments and all are so lively. Characters' cuteness is unbearable.

GAME CENTER Submit highscores and challenge your friends for more fun.

Available on App Store https://itunes.apple.com/vn/app/roll-and-eat/id563831415

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Always looking for a new puzzler! This reminds me of Little Lost Chick which i think is great (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=109973).
    Roll and Eat has less game mechanics variation though as far as I have played it. Also, RaE has a background that gets in the way, I mean it clutters the view on the actual game elements imho.
    And Game Center is not working? There are two players only and I am not showing up.

3. lamdeboy

lamdeboy New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Game Impressions

Thanks a lot for the feedback. We will fix the game centre bug and we are working intensively on the new update. And we will defintely check out the Little lost Chick. Hope you enjoyed the game though.

4. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I finished the first world "Spring" and I must say it was quite a challenge. I feel accomplished now :)
    As soon as I finished Spring, I appeared on GC. So there is definitely a bug somewhere.

Level 17 was really hard. I can imagine many players giving up there (maybe the reason to have only 3 players on GC?). So a possibility to skip a level or see a solution is appropriate. Many games offer 3 skips and 3 solutions for free and to buy more as IAP. Other levels require very precise timing making it too much trial and error for my taste, but that could just be me.

As said earlier, the background image should be more opaque or in a different color scheme then the game elements.
    Also I think it would be nice to have some pop ups appear now and then with some explanations (e.g. in the first level where timing is important, say so). It will add to the game polish. Also I'd like to see independent volume control (incl zero setting) for game music and also for game sound effects. All in all, the game needs a bit more refinement, some fine tuning, but no major overhaul as at its core it is quite ok already! But all these minor improments together can make the game much more accessible.

The game plays very well, the physics works perfect, the game is very responsive to my touches. Seeing the "trailer", there are some new game mechanics ahead in the other worlds that I didn't play yet, but definitely will. Looking forward to it :)

5. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I replayed the Winter levels to get some more points (and so I did get to #1 on GC :D). This is still a fun little puzzler to spend a few spare minutes on.

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #6 saosijs, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Player "ndpduc" took first place on Spring. Time to revisit the game? :D

[edit] calculation: ndpduc finishes in about 64 "ticks" per level (on average) and I'm using 114 ticks, so ndpduc finishes almost twice as fast as me! That seems fishy (the bear would like that LOL)

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Ok, that is weird. I somehow must have got 10000 points extra. I have 872002 points on Spring now, where 18 x 48000 = 864000 is the absolute maximum. Well, it does mean that I beat ndpduc again hahaha

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil

Attached Files:

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This icon looks familiar ...
    AAA ?

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
  11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yup, but AAA Banny Sammy has much more content (levels) and some new mechanics too. Not many developers make this kind of physics puzzlers anymore, so if you're a fan, it is an easy recommendation and a way to support this type of game in general.

12. Polandball

Polandball Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2016
    Game dev
    Romania
    Cool graphics

:) monkeys forever

13. Polandball

Polandball Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 21, 2016