iPhone Battle Fleet 2 In Development

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jjdude, Apr 14, 2014.

1. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of Battle Fleet, a WW2 naval strategy game for iPad/Mac. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on the sequel and plan to release it this summer for iOS, Android, Mac & PC platforms.

[​IMG]

Battle Fleet 2 Features:
    * Build your fleet from 5 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
    * Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns in range and firing arc to fire at the same location.
    * Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and a plethora of different caliber naval artillery.
    * Utilize or neutralize a variety of aircraft, including recon planes, fighters, and bombers, launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
    * Assign captains to each ship with special skills and abilities, like additional command cards or better mobility.
    * Play the strategic USA Campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
    * Use recon to clear Fog of War and defeat enemy ground based airfields and coastal artillery.
    * Deploy Strategic Command Cards to surprise your enemies with special actions like deploying mines, sabotage, enhanced aiming, airstrikes and more!
    * Battle Fleet 2 features full 3D models of US and Japanese WW2 era ships.

[​IMG]

You can find out more on our Steam concept page or subscribe to get emailed updates about the game's development.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions about the game :)

2. Dittsche

Dittsche Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Great news! I love the first part! :)

3. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks!

Here's a screenshot showing the new UI design:

[​IMG]

4. Dittsche

Dittsche Member

Dec 11, 2013
    I hope this is not a free premium game with a lot of expensive inApps.

5. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    No, the game will not be freemium. It will probably be around $4.99 maybe with a launch sale.

6. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
  7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah, this looks fantastic!

Never heard of the first one, but from what I've now seen/read, I'll keep my eye on this. Seems like an awesome strategy title.

Best of luck with the development

8. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Battle Fleet 2 submitted to Steam Greenlight

Thanks!

I just submitted the game to Steam's Greenlight program. If you'd like to see this game come to PC/Mac on Steam, please vote it up:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262465622 if you have a chance.

9. vgsmart

vgsmart Member

Oct 12, 2012
    JJ and I got to play some multiplayer a few days ago and it was super fun... bugs and all. Keep your eyes on this one folks!

-Joe

10. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
  11. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Battle Fleet 2 Release Date Announced

Hi everyone, Battle Fleet 2 is now complete and will be released this week on Thursday July 17th! The game will be available for download on iPad, Mac, Android & PC.

[​IMG]

If you'd like to see the game on Steam, please vote it up on Greenlight.

I will put up links to the various app stores once the game is available for download. Thanks for all your support and extra special thanks to the beta testers!

And for a special preview only for TA forum readers, the first free update to the game will feature:
    [​IMG]

12. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Battle Fleet 2 available for PC

Battle Fleet 2 is now up on Desura (Windows version), and currently in the #21 spot (out of 2563):

[​IMG]

We've also received some great reviews:

"Battle Fleet 2 stacks up very nicely." 8/10 - Pocket Gamer
    "I could get on board with this" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    "Naval Combat Simulator with Depth" - IGM
    "Overall, this is a great app" 4.5/5 - AppAdvice
    "impressed with the surprisingly diverse gameplay" - Mouse n Joypad
    "Insgesamt ist Battle Fleet 2 auf jeden Fall eine Empfehlung" - APP Gefahren

13. jjdude

jjdude Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009