★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

07-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Interesting. I haven't played a Might & Magic game since my old Motorola V400 flip phone. But I also don't like the FTP shenanigans of most games. Well, except FFBE. They've really given us a ton of stuff for the 1 year anniversary. I'm sitting on almost 400 NRG at the moment. Guess I need to play more and stop pulling characters or running around doing free quests.
Yeah I like brave exvius and record keeper
They seem pretty fair and you can play in small doses but I have a hard time liking any
Other ftp games this one included
Yesterday, 09:35 AM
I got frustrated with FFIII and decided to push on into the dark world rather than do any more grinding. I'm level 50 across the board with level 99 job levels for the Warrior/Thief/W.Wiz/B.Wiz. I'd normally be terrified to do this but I do have the legendary weapons for the classes and my team is able to kick out around 40,000-50,000 damage a round if they all go on the offense. Advance with Ultima Weapon and Giant Axe is a beautiful thing.

I've beat Xande and am working through the big boss rush. Here we go.
Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Everyone ready for the August playalong? I'm pretty excited - it's one of those on my to-do list and this is the kick I need to get started. Completely lost steam on KotOR - but that's because I was trying to play iPad only. Sticking with the phone this time, and putting the Switch down!

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Everyone ready for the August playalong? I'm pretty excited - it's one of those on my to-do list and this is the kick I need to get started. Completely lost steam on KotOR - but that's because I was trying to play iPad only. Sticking with the phone this time, and putting the Switch down!
Wait, do we know what August is yet?

Beat FFIII over lunch time. That final boss rush was tough, but I beat it. Whew. On to FFII.

A few thoughts:

The job system didn't work. It's simply too annoying and without being able to do any customization it felt useless. I pretty much stayed in my first crystal jobs all the way to the end. Maybe in the original release I'd be tempted to switch, but once you've maxed a job it's hard to even justify trying another one.

The story mostly worked, but I really wish the Cloud hadn't just come out of no where. That was super annoying.

This wasn't as bad as I'd heard FFIII was, but yeah, it would be in the bottom half for sure.

On to my least favorite one, FFII...
Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Traveler View Post
Wait, do we know what August is yet?

Beat FFIII over lunch time. That final boss rush was tough, but I beat it. Whew. On to FFII.

A few thoughts:

The job system didn't work. It's simply too annoying and without being able to do any customization it felt useless. I pretty much stayed in my first crystal jobs all the way to the end. Maybe in the original release I'd be tempted to switch, but once you've maxed a job it's hard to even justify trying another one.

The story mostly worked, but I really wish the Cloud hadn't just come out of no where. That was super annoying.

This wasn't as bad as I'd heard FFIII was, but yeah, it would be in the bottom half for sure.

On to my least favorite one, FFII...
Shaun gave some hints a few months ago. August was...But we're still hungry. It's a pretty major RPG but you might not get the reference if you haven't played it in a while.

Oh and you really should try FF II solo. The beginning is a little rough but by the end you're evasion will be so high nothing will touch you. Add in Osmose to sap MP and you're good to go.

Last edited by RHess00; Yesterday at 01:57 PM.