Merging The iPhone Forums & iPad forums.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Wikilix, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    #1 Wikilix, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Honestly, I think touch arcade should merge thee two into one forum, The upcoming iPad section is much more lifeless then the upcoming iPhone section. Upon merging there could be an indication such as (HD) to indicate if its primarily for the iPad.

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Ya, probably a good idea, given how common universal apps are now.

Give us some time to look into it.

arn

3. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    The iPad and iPad mini forum does have less activity than the iPhone forum, but I personally don't think it would be a good idea to merge the two. I think that, despite there being many Universal apps out there, there are still enough iPad-exclusive apps to warrant their own forum. Though I could understand visibility being an issue for developers in that scenario. I would venture a guess the iPad forum see 25-40% less activity than the iPhone forum, and that could be a severe blow to a developer's potential sales... but I'm no economics major, so I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about :eek:

As for the Upcoming sections, I would definitely be in agreement for a merger of those two into one. :)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'd rather the current descriptions were modified to reflect that iPhone only and Universal games should go into the current iPhone section, while iPad-only games go into the iPad section. Should be cleaner that way, I think. It's pretty much what happens, anyway.

The gray area comes when there is a separate HD version of the same game.
    (which could be just included in the iPhone thread)

5. I'd be all for just one main thread. It's kind of a pain to check both forums, and because of this, the ipad games get neglected. So I think it is a good idea.

6. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Thanks for the reply

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Why not just create a universal forum?

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I only play games on my iPad these days, so I keep an eye on the Upcoming iPad Games forum... but I ignore the Upcoming iPhone Games forum. I know it includes universal games, but developers don't always specify and it can be tiresome constantly asking the same questions over and over.