Magic Shot- a crazy billiard game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nerial, Feb 16, 2015.

1. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    #1 nerial, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Hi everyone,

We've been working on a new little game called Magic Shot, which we're hoping to release soonish. We want to share with you a bit about it.

It's a crazy billiard game using the traditional rules of French Billiards where players have to touch both the yellow and red balls with the white cue ball in a single shot. The craziness comes in when the table morphs after each successful shot!

There are over 2,000 levels and different modes like meditative, purity and insanity-

For Meditative mode, there is a city name which changes for every level (as well as the table!)This carries on for 2700 different ones, so if you want to brush up on some place names this should be pretty fun. With some small surprises thrown in.
    The aim of Purity is to get as high a score as possible; fewer shots gets more points. Multiply your points in the ‘Ultra’ phase accessed after you fill up the 3 spots on the tracker by playing perfect shots in a row.
    Insanity, this is where it gets Insane ! The table changes continually, the clock's counting done and pressure to get the highest score possible.
    Magic Shot is inspired by game as Lunar Pool, Arcade, pool, Super Hexagon and Proteus.

We are very proud and excited to have Magic Shot selected for the EGX Rezzed Leftfield Collection! The exhibition will take place the 12th-14th of March at the Tobacco Dock, London - so if you're planning on attending, come and see us :)

Below are a few screenshots. The mosaic shows 1,000 different tables from the game. If you want to know more and follow the release, we will post things on Twitter @nerial

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    #2 nerial, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Hi, hot off the press!- the trailer for Magic Shot:

YouTube: video

3. underDOGS Gaming Studio

underDOGS Gaming Studio Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Mumbai, India
    #3 underDOGS Gaming Studio, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Dude, I saw the trailer. Though I liked it, check for the tags so that the video is directly displayed here, Also I can't see the images... Plz chk and all the best

Edited by a mod - As the user has under 20 posts the URL wont appear properly (this is to stop spammers from posting urls)

4. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hey thanks for letting us know, I think everything is viewable now. Just need to post a bit more often to fix the URL issue :)

5. Looks like a pretty unique concept. Looking forward to trying it out.

6. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hi sean, if you want have a go on the TestFlight, drop me a private message with your email and I'll add you on

7. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Looks really groovy. I can see the Proteus influence with the audio design and neon pastel colors. Man, Proteus is just such a good game. Unfortunately I'll be out of mobile gaming for a while since I just smashed my screen in. Need that tax return to upgrade. I'll keep this page marked til then.

8. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Thanks :) sorry about your phone though, hope it gets fixed soon (a tax rebate is always feels especially sweet though!)

9. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    #9 nerial, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    We had some really great new, that I thought I would share with you...

MUSIC UPDATE: We are really excited to announce that Renaud Bédard will be making the music for Magic Shot ! Using the amazing http://littlebits.cc to generate music to compliment and emphasise the gameplay.

[​IMG]

10. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hi, we've been busy our side getting ready for Leftfield. We have a great new poster- hope you like it!

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hi guys, been absolutely manic here- de-bugging and getting ready for Rezzed this week. Got some nice T-Shirts for the team which will be a nice souvenir :)

We've got some really nice sounds coming from the Little Bits modules, amazing what comes out of them, each of the 3 modes is sort of complimented by the varying craziness of the sound. Works particularly well on Insanity mode.

If anyone is going to be in London this week come down and see us in the Leftfield collection, which I believe is down in the basement of the venue :)

Here's a taste of Insanity!

https://vine.co/v/OEgHjYxjBY2

12. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London
    Hi, the game is finished!
    Spent the last few weeks doing the music and Renaud has done an amazing job!
    We really think that the music fits in great with the 3 modes- I'll just post the Meditation mode music today: https://soundcloud.com/rbedard/magicshot-meditation

Hope you enjoy :)

Magic-Shot should be out next week !

13. tunguitvn

tunguitvn Member

Mar 20, 2015
    On the Earth
    How about some screenshots ???

14. nerial

nerial Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    London

Attached Files: