★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gormster View Post
Really, really love the idea of building up games an a legacy for a fictional games system!

Might grab a copy when I get home from work.
I only WISH the old Vectrex system was this cool (not relying on a screen overlay for its color)!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Greg and Ned, thanks for dropping in! I'll be buying this with my next round of purchases on Wednesday; looks very cool.

You guys were involved in making Firepower 2000 / SWIV? LOVE that game. A proper re-imagining on IOS would be amazing.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

09-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Swiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Greg and Ned, thanks for dropping in! I'll be buying this with my next round of purchases on Wednesday; looks very cool.

You guys were involved in making Firepower 2000 / SWIV? LOVE that game. A proper re-imagining on IOS would be amazing.

Thanks Caanerud, glad you remember it! SWIV is always at the back of my head, we'd love to go back and revive it - got lots of ideas for it - if all goes well with current projects, it could happen!
09-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gormster View Post
Really, really love the idea of building up games an a legacy for a fictional games system!

Might grab a copy when I get home from work.
Yeah Gormster, it doesn't look like anyone's planning to release a vector based console any time soon, so we had to make our own one up!
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsideDownNed View Post
Yeah Gormster, it doesn't look like anyone's planning to release a vector based console any time soon, so we had to make our own one up!
I'm loving the development team photo you have on Facebook as it is SO CLEARLY a late 70's-early 80's photo (that may have ever so slightly been photoshopped).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I blame the Art department.
09-26-2011, 10:35 PM
I just bought this and it is awesome.

That's all! Thanks guys for the brilliant, beautiful game. These graphics pop.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
09-27-2011, 03:14 AM
One of the first I'll be buying as soon as I end my self-imposed AppStore ban

The presentation is wonderful. I really dig the whole "this wasn't really a game/platform back then but it totally should have been!", similar to Jeff Minter's current line of games that are based around hardware-enhanced versions of the old platforms, the lovely Master games from xionchannel, or *ahem* my own attempt with breakeroids.

I'd like to think it's something in the water, but I think we're all just getting old
09-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Holy smokes! If this game doesn't scream from the roof tops for iCade support, no game does! . Heck, in the demo video the iCade's little brother has his cameo appearance.. I can see myself playing this with a shot of Vertex Blaster before my work day for many months to come! I just love to blow things up before I get to work, ya know .
09-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Just bought this, i do love my vector looking games !

Really good, does remind me of an old Vectrex game with a coloured overlay on. Really hope they do some remakes of some of the old classics like Galaga/Berzerk etc, would love vector remakes of those.

The games well worth buying