★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon815 View Post
I asked them on Twitter, I'm sure they'll comment on it soon.
Thanks! Looks like they'll be added so I'm off to the app store 😊
08-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Is online multiplayer asynchronous?

Hoping the multiplayer is asynchronous (cause that's how I roll). Can anyone confirm?

08-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phred View Post
Hoping the multiplayer is asynchronous (cause that's how I roll). Can anyone confirm?
It is not. The gameplay in Bottom of the 9th is not suited for asynchronous play for several reasons. A primary aspect of gameplay is "the stare-down" where the state of mind between the players, including the timing of when they do things, is important. The game is relatively short - 10 minutes or less in total. There are no "turns" between players and the interactions go back and forth quickly.
08-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigrantP View Post
It is not. The gameplay in Bottom of the 9th is not suited for asynchronous play for several reasons. A primary aspect of gameplay is "the stare-down" where the state of mind between the players, including the timing of when they do things, is important. The game is relatively short - 10 minutes or less in total. There are no "turns" between players and the interactions go back and forth quickly.
Thanks! Problem is most of my friends don't have the patience to focus on one game for that long. I might pick it up for the single player though.
08-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Cool. There is an option for quick ranked and casual play as well against random opponents =)
08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Heya, developer here!

- The tablet update will make it a Universal app. There will not be a separate tablet app.
- The solo rules/scenarios will be added in a future update. At present the Medium AI is based on those rules, though!
- We are also going to keep improving the AI in updates.

Happy to answer any more questions.
Any eta on the tablet Update as I only game on my iPad. Thanks!
08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
We don't have a timeline to announce yet but tablet & Steam support are the next major things we are working on.
08-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Quote:
We don't have a timeline to announce yet but tablet & Steam support are the next major things we are working on.
Sounds great. Thanks for the reply.
08-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Heya, developer here!

- The tablet update will make it a Universal app. There will not be a separate tablet app.
- The solo rules/scenarios will be added in a future update. At present the Medium AI is based on those rules, though!
- We are also going to keep improving the AI in updates.

Happy to answer any more questions.
Thanks for letting us know.
08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
what about luck and strategy ?