★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-04-2017, 10:44 PM
I can say this game is super addicting, challenge, fun, fast paced, my favorite of the braingoodgames library at the moment! Super glad he brought it to iOS

In a nutshell your trying to capture points while keeping then threatening horde from gaining their own points! You do this by using your guys on the board and special power cards that to use require special formations or steps that are shown on the cards

You unlock more cards over time, new enemies and threats are also introduced the more you go up the single player ladder, starts nice and easy to let you grab your footing then slowly gets harder introducing new things =] cheers !
09-05-2017, 03:33 AM
Greetings: Hello

Question: I played to tutorial but I am still not sure how to attack with cards. I try to spin the card around but the sys does not allow me to attack the enemy near to my soldier. How to attack with cards?

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)

09-05-2017, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Greetings: Hello

Question: I played to tutorial but I am still not sure how to attack with cards. I try to spin the card around but the sys does not allow me to attack the enemy near to my soldier. How to attack with cards?
I have trouble understanding how cards work too and time limit wont help either
09-05-2017, 05:53 AM
yeah we need to be abble to cancel the time limit
09-05-2017, 11:40 AM
You can turn off the timer by going to "Bonus modes" and picking "Relaxed mode".

That said I'd really recommend sticking with the timed version. The game plays much smoother when you are under the clock and can't nitpick through every possible play.
09-05-2017, 11:46 AM
I think the tutorial should teach about using and placing cards more.
09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Okay! So the general idea guys is this.

1) Some cards have patterns on them like this:

This card means you need two stones next to each other (in a straight line), indicated by the two green stones in the middle of the card.

2) However, you can ROTATE the card while you're placing it so the whole pattern is turned up down left or right. This means that you can place on two stones that are HORIZONTALLY next to each other rather than vertically as indicated on the card.

3) The two red stones on this card indicate that NEW stones will be spawned for you as part of the card effect. (Anything in those spaces previously will be attacked)

4) After you resolve the pattern part of the card (as described above) you will get to attack move as a bonus! (Normally you get to Attack Move or Place a Stone once per turn)

Let me know if this clears things up, or what might need a bit more explaining. I might add another card pattern portion to the tutorial to cement this idea a little more strongly. Thanks for the feedback everybody!!
09-05-2017, 01:56 PM
That helped a lot. Thanks for clearing that up
09-05-2017, 08:11 PM
It seems too tiny on phone, but the dialogs are messed up on iPad.
09-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Appreciation: thanks for the explanations on cards!

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)