★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGoodGames View Post
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I'll look into what it takes to make the app have a shorter homepage name.

Probably "Minos"
Thank you! As the case may be, I look forward to it.
09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Excellent strategy game. Rules are simple to understand, but creating and combining formations is the tricky part.

My only bit of feedback is that it would be nice if when placing a card, the rotate and 'Cast' buttons appeared in a fixed spot somewhere on the UI, instead of floating next to where you have the formation placed. As a player, usually I'll eye the board and figure out what rotation I want to use before I move the formation into place. The rotation arrows and 'Cast' text can also be hard to see when they're overlapping the board, especially at higher levels.

09-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Actually, a couple questions:

1) What does the wing colour on cards signify? I've seen tan, red and blue.

2) Is there a way to look at a library of all the cards you've unlocked? It seems like there are a lot. It would help to be able to examine unlocked cards from the main menu, since then you can sort of form strategies of which cards to take together in the same deck.
09-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
Excellent strategy game. Rules are simple to understand, but creating and combining formations is the tricky part.

My only bit of feedback is that it would be nice if when placing a card, the rotate and 'Cast' buttons appeared in a fixed spot somewhere on the UI, instead of floating next to where you have the formation placed. As a player, usually I'll eye the board and figure out what rotation I want to use before I move the formation into place. The rotation arrows and 'Cast' text can also be hard to see when they're overlapping the board, especially at higher levels.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

If you can take a screenshot of them at a time when they seem hard to see, that would be awesome.

Wing color signifies card class. Yellow are basic cards (always included), Red are advanced cards (random ones included) and Blue is ultimate cards (picked when you reach the end of your draw deck)

It doesn't have a gameplay effect though once the cards are in your hand. Draft mode also uses the card colors to draft with though .
09-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Great game so far but I'm still learning the ropes. What is the difference between the red and green stones on cards? Does the archer shoot an arrow across the whole length of the board? I'm only level 3. :/
09-13-2017, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitcoin View Post
Great game so far but I'm still learning the ropes. What is the difference between the red and green stones on cards? Does the archer shoot an arrow across the whole length of the board? I'm only level 3. :/
There are four different symbols you'll see on a card:

Green circle: Part of the formation you need to make to play the card
Red scratch marks: Will attack any unit on that grid space, including your own
Red circle: Will attack any unit on that grid space and then spawn your own unit on it
Red arrow: Will attack all enemies in a straight line from that space to the edge of the board

In order to even play a card, you need to line up the green circles (the formation) with units you've already played on the board. Keep in mind you can also rotate any card to line up the formation.

Aside from that, many cards grant additional spawns, moves, or attack-moves. It will list those actions either on the top of the card or the bottom.

E.g. If a card says "Move 1" at the top and then shows a formation. It means you can move one extra unit and then match the formation. Since it shows up at the top of the card, it means you can use that extra move to complete the formation before you match it.

If it says "Spawn 1" at the bottom of the card, it means you must match the formation first, AND THEN the card lets you spawn one unit.
09-14-2017, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
There are four different symbols you'll see on a card:

Green circle: Part of the formation you need to make to play the card
Red scratch marks: Will attack any unit on that grid space, including your own
Red circle: Will attack any unit on that grid space and then spawn your own unit on it
Red arrow: Will attack all enemies in a straight line from that space to the edge of the board

In order to even play a card, you need to line up the green circles (the formation) with units you've already played on the board. Keep in mind you can also rotate any card to line up the formation.

Aside from that, many cards grant additional spawns, moves, or attack-moves. It will list those actions either on the top of the card or the bottom.

E.g. If a card says "Move 1" at the top and then shows a formation. It means you can move one extra unit and then match the formation. Since it shows up at the top of the card, it means you can use that extra move to complete the formation before you match it.

If it says "Spawn 1" at the bottom of the card, it means you must match the formation first, AND THEN the card lets you spawn one unit.
Great. Thanks that helps.
09-14-2017, 10:30 AM
iPad/Universal Update is Live!

The game now has full universal/iPad support. I also added a little card collection counter so you can keep track of how many cards you have left to unlock

Last edited by BrainGoodGames; 09-15-2017 at 08:20 AM.
09-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGoodGames View Post
The game now has full universal/iPad support. I also added a little card collection counter so you can keep track of how many cards you have left to unlock

Let me know how it works!
Working fine on Ipad, thanks for the update
09-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Working fine on Ipad, thanks for the update
Good to hear! Thanks for letting me know