★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmckean View Post
Still ranks as the best game I ever bought in the App Store. Quite exceptional value, even at the previous price.

Dear Jagex, the most common cry of those who have completed this game is "MORE!", so an in-app expansion or sequel would, really, be a great idea. The whole thing is better presented and tighter than The Quest, which is very popular - somehow Undercroft got buried underneath the noise of higher-profile releases, but the turn-based RPG system that Rake in Grass designed perectly complements mobile devices.

Go on - give us more! I, for one, would pay a premium price for a new game of this scope and quality.
One of the biggest reasons we wanted to make the game free to play for everyone!
09-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Amazing! and for free! MUST HAVE!

09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmckean View Post
Still ranks as the best game I ever bought in the App Store. Quite exceptional value, even at the previous price.

Dear Jagex, the most common cry of those who have completed this game is "MORE!", so an in-app expansion or sequel would, really, be a great idea. The whole thing is better presented and tighter than The Quest, which is very popular - somehow Undercroft got buried underneath the noise of higher-profile releases, but the turn-based RPG system that Rake in Grass designed perectly complements mobile devices.

Go on - give us more! I, for one, would pay a premium price for a new game of this scope and quality.
I agree here. I would totally pay 2-5 dollars for another game of this scope and quality. Maybe even more. This is a niche on the appstore that has very few competitors, and lots of people want it.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I have the original. Do I need to DL the new one?
09-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth247 View Post
I have the original. Do I need to DL the new one?
You do if you want updates in the future.
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Dont get me wrong, I like The Quest (even though i get lost and run in circles for hours).

I have really liked Undercroft more I think because of running the entire party instead of just myself. I created my family as the group which is a blast.

Warrior: Me (Dad/Father)
Priest: My Wife
Assassin: My Son
Mage: My Daughter
09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
And will I get to keep my progress?
09-16-2010, 11:19 AM
incredible ya made this free guys!

ranks as one of my favourite games to date and 1 of only a handful i beat to the end.

really hoped to see sequals but alas was never ment to be. it really never got anywhere near the success it deserved which is a great shame.

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
09-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I love this game! But I'm stuck, I have a quest from a merchant to get to this other merchant in dolbrad but I don't know where that is, I've completed all other quests so far and I have a bone key but I can't get past the guard cause I don't have a certificate or anything to signify me as an adventurer, what do I do?

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
09-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I've always wished for Jagex to make an RPG for the Appstore, because I love playing runescape and lack a good RPG on my iPod touch - which is now a major gaming device for me.

I was dead excited to see Jagex had published one when I visited the Runescape homepage! I couldn't believe it but then got bit disapointed because it's like a classic first person RPG which i don't really enjoy - I prefer third person RPGs.. like Runescape xD.

Nonetheless am downloading this now and definately going to give it a good try . Can't tell you how much i appreciate Jagex for making iPod touch/iPhone games. For me all are instant buys; big fan of Fuborb & Runescape!