GameClub Mage Gauntlet (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

I have an odd bug (?), I've got 58 of 86 achievements in the in-game browser but only 57 of 68 in Game Center. Apparently, it did not register my "Careful Brawler" cheeve. Should I just attempt to do it again or will the game sync with GC eventually? Although I did get that a few levels prior and received a couple achievements after it that are on both lists.

If you want a good action RPG to emulate, look to the recent Ys games, specifically Ark of Napishtim, Oath in Felghana and Origin. They're pretty much the genre PERFECTED. Fast action, great combos, insane bosses, perfect pacing and none of the games overstay their welcome.

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    This was never answered, Kepa care to take a crack at it?

EDIT: 777th post WOOHOO!!!

3. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    The enemies that lie in secrets in MM do not count towards the level cleared. Therefore, you can (and will) get "Level Cleared" despite not killing all of the enemies.

you didn't find the secret in this level which opens the door.

4. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

Disregard, it popped when I booted the game just now.

Also, I just was thinking about this, but something on the level of Ys would be pretty close to impossible on a touch-only interface, but I do think they are the GOLD STANDARD for action RPGs regardless.

Also, BIG SUGGESTION, since you seem keen on taking them, add an option on setting screen to disable cut-scenes on levels you have already cleared.

5. Nightmare13

Nightmare13 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    Quoted for emphasis.

6. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Cool thanks, I'll look harder.

(Which brings me to my next point: what the hell does "You should have looked harder" even mean, how can you look hard?)

Anyways thanks again for the help :)

7. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    When you reach that locked door, just keep going west and you'll run into the secret that opens it.

8. rococoman

rococoman Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #1028 rococoman, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    Well of wishes?

I originally attached an image to this, but I thought it was kind of spoiler-y.

A certain fish from another RCG game hints that there might be something else in the Crypt. Get looking!

There is nothing that a member of RCG can say to convince me otherwise.

9. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Glowing Sword + Old Pendant: best combination ever. I just beat Hurgoth on Master Mode and only lost half a heart during the whole fight. I had a Lucky, Time Circle, and Silence and they NEVER WENT AWAY.

10. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    http://pic.twitter.com/2tHdk3cX

[​IMG]

Owned.

11. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
  12. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Exactly what kepa said here is detailed in one of the secret texts, which is where I found it and why I didn't give away too much :)

13. Nightmare13

Jul 13, 2010
    IT Programming
    Chicago, IL
    Lol I don't know why it came up so small. :(

I sent it directly to twitter from my iPod, so maybe it downscaled it or something?

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    So how often does Gnomey show up? I've been chopping plants and smashing objects for what seems like two full days, and I have yet to find one of the little guys! Am I doing it wrong?

15. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Have you found any of the clues yet? Try to look for false walls/other various passageways, and they'll lead you to clues left by another wizard. Cool stuff :cool:

I believe it's a 1/1000 chance.

16. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I found it ;)

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I really liked that combo, too. The buff spells are actually pretty good when they last more or less forever.

I also personally like lich foot + lich armor + desperate edge. Off the top of my head, I think it sets your melee crit rate to 90% or so while reducing your health to 1.

18. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Are the "remixed" Master Mode levels actually different from the normal levels? Like are the hidden areas all in the same place, or are they changed?

19. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Orc Forest Gold 3 stars

I can't get 3 stars in Orc Forest #3 (Gold). I alway get "level cleared" so I'm sure I killed all enemies. Also map is identical to the map shown in Wiki.

Maybe I lose to many lives? Does lost lives affect the number of stars? If yes, how?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    3 stars = all enemies cleared, AND no lives lost.