iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. whereswally

whereswally Member

Oct 21, 2011
    yup tynar rouge is in there, got it a few weeks ago

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Sorry to bump for this, but anyone know the file size installed? In my case, space is more of a concern than money.

Thanks

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Just loaded it and it's 656mb. You might have a few more mb in save data as well.

4. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Thanks. Had to delete a couple of my beloved (but currently unplayed) Cave shooters, but I'm really jonesing to play this.

5. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Lol... I am holding back from replaying it on the ipad until the promised updates arrive.

The following updates are planned in order to further improve your enjoyment:
    - Higher resolution unit character graphics.
    - Added ability to fast-forward battle scenes.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, would love to fast forward! That would be ideal.

7. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, according to the description, you should be able to skip at least certain cutscenes. But this is actually my first playthrough, so I'm gonna savor it all. Played the DS FFT game and Ogre Tactics, and loved 'em both.

8. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    One last question. Went ahead and picked this up last night, and man, the tutorials are looooooooooooooong! If I played both FFT A2 and Tactics Ogre, do you think I need to waste time with the tutorials? There are so many of 'em, ugh. :eek:

9. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Anyone know if there's a way to set the default view for 100%? It always seems to default to 120% at the beginning of each new battle.

10. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Sorry to drag this thread up. I recently bought a new iPhone 4s and final fantasy tactics was the first game i started playing and i noticed during battles (during the options phase) when you tap to the bottom left of the height indicator that nothing happens. it shows up on the screen like all the other taps;however, nothing happens. is this normal? or if there is some problem with my phone thanks.

11. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    (sorry to double post) Is it still possible to get the onion knight equipment in this version of the game? I was not able to find a clear answer on this.

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Search this Thread next time ;)

But yes, onion knight and and dark knight are both available :)

13. chaotixzero

chaotixzero Member

Jul 9, 2012
    But how do we get the onion knight EQUIPMENT? No offense by big letters intended lol

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Again, that "search this thread" feature isn't there to just look pretty...

Save BEFORE the final battle. When you beat the game it will say that new items are available in the Poachers Den. Reload your save data and there will be the onion equipment amongst other new gear.

15. Eice

Eice Member

Jul 20, 2012
    A quick question. Is the game still running slow in a lot of parts or did an update fix it to run smoothly all the time? I'm hesitant to buy (even though I -really- want to) because I don't want to pay that much if the game runs slow/choppy/laggy during parts of the game (particularly battles)!

Anyone that played during initial release and still plays with the most current update know if this was addressed or can give an idea of how bad it is?

16. Darkness

Darkness Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Nope, the slowdown in the special effects is still there, and that's a drawback for me cause this is a really good game, and to fully appreciate it you have to play it at full speed, but that's just my opinion.
    If the slowdown bothers you stick with the psx version otherwhise buy it

17. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I found that turning off character icons (the little dots that indicate friend or foe) DOES help alleviate some of the slowdown. I'm playing on 3GS, and with that option turned off, it's been very doable. I'm 52 hours in currently.

As an aside, after seeing these gorgeous cutscenes, playing in widescreen, and getting Balthier and other extras only available in this newer version, I can't imagine going back to the PSX version.

18. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    the slow down is still there. however, i found that it runs better on the iphone 4s then it ever did on the psp lol.

19. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Excuse me for asking this simple question, but can you save your game during a battle? I mean, if you are in the middle of a battle, and had to shut off your phone for some reason (life), can you save and continue the battle later on?

I loved the original FFT, and I'm late to the party on this one, but have the ability to save and come back mid-battle would be a deal breaker for me.

thanks

20. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Yes.
    It'll do it automatically.