Universal Random Heroes - (by Ravenous Games) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Aug 15, 2012.

1. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    The update with widescreen support is now available. We fixed up a couple bugs and added some new characters and weapons! :)

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Awesome! :D

3. Is the game going to stay free forever? If so, can you give the people that payed for it an exclusive item, or extra money or something?

4. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hey, Mr Ravenous! I really dig this game! But... there is a slow down issue. Usually, it wouldn't bother me, but occasionally I noticed it affects whether button presses are recognized. And once and a while it actually gets to a point where I think 'really?'.

Also, since the last update, my weapons occasionally aim diagonally down.

Will there be an update? Am I the only one?

I love the game in every other aspect - the level design, weapons, looting, control - all A+.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Dont see why they should. Plenty of games go free eventually, i mean how much was the game on release, just 99c. Not exactly expensive. You dont get money back from a shop if a jacket you bought the week before goes down in sale etc

I'm still enjoying this game, a lot of good weapons and a fair bit of content. Nice little game

6. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Thanks for the feedback guys. We have a fix in right now to fix up a couple bugs related to costume switching and diagonal bullets. We are still looking into the slow down issues.

7. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thank you for reading! By the by, I just wanted to add (in case I didn't make it clear) - I had an absolute blast playing Random Heroes! :D

8. Whatever. I guess people still forget that ¢99 is STILL MONEY, and while I enjoy this game, it's not exactly easy to get enough coins to buy costumes and weapons. Which is probably why it's (permanently?) free. It is quite a grind as well.

9. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Will this game be compatible with iCade controls at some point? I really like it, but games like this are so much easier to play with an actual game pad. I bought and played through both League of Evil games using my Gametel controller and it was AWESOME. I'd still have enjoyed the games without real controls, but I'd have never played them both to the end.

10. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I just beat it...really loved this game!! Honestly though, iCade support would have definitely made it better.

11. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It is totally easy. Just keep replaying the first boss battle over and over.

12. I'm trying to buy EVERYTHING, so that won't cut it. Plus, I lost all my data after I posted that, so I have to start from scratch.

13. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    #193 Psiufoxx, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Boy oh boy. This game playing stuff is serious work. Imagine the fools who play them to have fun.

Edit- weeerrps. That wasn't meant to quote you specifically. Fixed!

And I did put thought into my sarcasm :)

14. Well, that was comepletly uneccessary. I reserve the right to be a little annoyed that I lost my hard earned game data. I think anyone would be with any game, would they not? Would you not? How bout next time you post a comment that isn't disrespectful, and put some thought into it.

15. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    Idk if I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to progress on The Forest level 10. As soon as I start there is just a drop down with one of those snake type creatures and a wall. No where to go... Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Great game other than that. Havin lots of fun playing it.

To those complaining about money. It fairly easy to get once u get to the second and third level. I have all the most expensive weapons and costumes unlocked and I still didn't beat the game completely and I did very little grinding. Idk what ur doing differently... If its that big of an issue just keep replaying the second boss. You get like 300 gold each time and he's very easy and quick to kill.

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    You hold the jump button and you'll hop right down through the beams! : )

Super underrated game in my opinion.

17. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I think it's just a decent one...

18. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011

Haha. Wow, thanks. Can't believe I never knew/needed that befor the last level.

Thanks for the help.

19. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Any trick to the I'm not a plumber achievement? I swear I keep jumping on the basic enemy and nothing happens