★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

02-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebe View Post
Speaking of Square RPGs releasing in Japan, anybody keeping an eye on Project Setsuna? Looks pretty cool, although targeted for Vita/PS4 rather than mobile. It reminds me a little of Secret of Mana (SD2) and Chrono Trigger. I hope it gets released in NA.
Yeah, I've got high hopes for that one. I hope they don't let me down. (lol)
02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Shaun

Good to see your going to check out Alice Order and Grimms Notes! Can't wait to hear your imps on the two. I haven't got into Alice Order yet and I'm very much enjoying Grimms Notes.
Fluent in Japanese your lucky I'm a long way off from fluent

02-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Shaun, do you accept nominations for readers' choice reloads here? And if so -- would you consider Sid Meier's Pirates! an RPG? Exploration, battle, character progression... right?
02-13-2016, 03:48 PM
I just got legend of heroes trails in the sky from the Japan App Store and it's a super good JRPG! Tough too especially if you're trying to be a bit perfectionist with it. Love all the various elements to the game the take out v sit down food, the turn based battles, orbaments is great, this is all around one of my fav RPGs now and I just got deep into FF 9 it's okay I'm gonna just juggle both right now but this is my game to play this weekend!
Worth the 2000 yen
The last remnant is one I'm very much considering buying as well.

Last edited by Dailon80; 02-13-2016 at 04:12 PM.
02-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I just got legend of heroes trails in the sky from the Japan App Store and it's a super good JRPG! Tough too especially if you're trying to be a bit perfectionist with it. Love all the various elements to the game the take out v sit down food, the turn based battles, orbaments is great, this is all around one of my fav RPGs now and I just got deep into FF 9 it's okay I'm gonna just juggle both right now but this is my game to play this weekend!
Worth the 2000 yen
The last remnant is one I'm very much considering buying as well.
Is that the old PSP game? I have heard very, very good things about that. Please, please, please can we have an English translation?
02-13-2016, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Is that the old PSP game? I have heard very, very good things about that. Please, please, please can we have an English translation?
I believe it was PSP or vita one the controls are like the ps handhelds I didn't own either one so can't remember. I think it's on steam in English.
It's a very very good RPG for sure. It won't be leaving Japan on mobile I would be shocked if it did.
02-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I believe it was PSP or vita one the controls are like the ps handhelds I didn't own either one so can't remember. I think it's on steam in English.
It's a very very good RPG for sure. It won't be leaving Japan on mobile I would be shocked if it did.
I think only the first one got an English translation. The others never made it out of Japan. I would love to see this make it over here. At least a translation for that does exist...
02-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
I think only the first one got an English translation. The others never made it out of Japan. I would love to see this make it over here. At least a translation for that does exist...
Agreed. the concept for this rpg is really neat and diff in a good way. Would love to play them all now. Appears to be a great series.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	99607  

Last edited by Dailon80; 02-13-2016 at 09:39 PM.
02-13-2016, 09:41 PM
IT was on PSP right
I had never heard of it until a few days ago and now I may grab the soundtrack too. music is solid.

Last edited by Dailon80; 02-14-2016 at 07:18 AM.
02-14-2016, 09:58 PM
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails series has such a complicated situation around it, haha. The first game (Trails In The Sky FC) is available on PSP and PC in English, and that's the game that popped up on the Japanese App Store recently. It's another one of those streaming games, like Final Fantasy 13 and The Last Remnant, so I doubt we'll see it in English. I'm hoping the Ys games do well enough for DotEmu to go after ports of the Trails games, though. They'd have to use XSEED's translation because otherwise there's no way it would be feasible (These games famously have some of the largest, most complicated scripts of any JRPGs).

Trails In the Sky SC *finally* came out in English late last year on PC and PSP (digital only). Trails In The Sky 3rd Chapter is for now not planned to get an English release. Instead, XSEED jumped ahead to the next good jumping on point for the series, Trails Of Cold Steel, which came out on PS4 and PS Vita in December of last year. They'll be following with Trails Of Cold Steel 2, and I doubt we'll miss too many Trails games from here on out. I just hope they can go back and fill in the blanks one day. Third Chapter, Trails In Zero, and Trails In The Blue were all skipped so that they could get caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korossyl View Post
Shaun, do you accept nominations for readers' choice reloads here? And if so -- would you consider Sid Meier's Pirates! an RPG? Exploration, battle, character progression... right?
Yes, this is a good place to nominate candidates. I think Pirates is fine within the loose definition we've been using for the Reload feature. I'll add it into the master list.