How to create an official thread for a game

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Tonisalae, May 14, 2013.

1. Tonisalae

Tonisalae Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Indie Dev
    Barcelona, Spain
    Hello,

I would like to create an "official" thread for my upcoming iOS game but I'm a bit confused. I have seen posts like this one where the game is presented with a nice profile section at the top with the ability to be rated by the community, among other great features.

However, there are also other games that do not feature this special header. So my question is: can I create a thread like the one I referenced above? Or maybe only staff members or members with a high number of posts can do that?

Thank you very much,
    Toni Sala

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
  3. Tonisalae

Tonisalae Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Indie Dev
    Barcelona, Spain
    Great! Thanks!

4. Appinfo 101 Training Post

This is how to post an app description on Touch Arcade.

First get a link from the appstore. If you have ios 6, then it is easy, go to the store and hit the right arrow icon, then copy the link.

If you have ios 5, then email the link to yourself.

Include the link in the following format:

[ appinfo=all ] ituneslink [/ appinfo]

without the spaces

-------

I would also recommend using the regular youtube tag not hdyoutube tag to save bandwidth for iphone users. The picture is far smaller which saves bandwidth, and also, it is much clearer. I don't believe the hd tag even outputs the hd version of youtube anyway.

[ youtube ] code [ / youtube ]

No spaces, the code is what you get from a browser when you go to youtube on the web and it's the funny looking code after the = sign.

5. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    To clarify on the Youtube videos (because it took me quite a while to understand...)

Here is a common youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YewhQ1OOQ

You want the part after the "v="...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YewhQ1OOQ

Take that part and put it between youtube tags.

[media=youtube]l1YewhQ1OOQ[/media]

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    #7 Red1, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There's also [hqyoutube], which I never use but always kinda assumed was somewhere in the middle.

For what it's worth, I much prefer devs posting HD videos because I actually like to see the game they're promoting. Connector's always moaning about data, let him sort his own problems out.

Besides, right underneath the HQ video is a little link entitled "Low bandwidth version".

8. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #9 Infinity89, May 15, 2013
    I apologise in the beginning if I am in wrong section but I am new to the forum and I am looking for some introduction like how to delete PM etc.
    Can you please direct me?
    And also what are senior and junior members?Is it related to your no. of posts.
    I am using the TA App on an iphone.
    Thanks!And apologies!!!

9. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Yes, it's based how many post u have.. If i'm not wrong, Junior members will upgrade to members after they reach 30 posts, and will become senior members after 100 posts reached... cmiiw.. :)

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #11 Infinity89, May 15, 2013
    In my profile it shows I'm a member it means I have made 30 posts but can you tell me about my other question?I mean a little about the TA forum like information.
    And how can I know how many posts I made?
    Thanks in advance!

11. It's not really about the bandwidth that is the issue, it is more with the hd version not being displayed in the hd tag.

If you look at red1s vids, you will notice that the hd vid is not in hd, and that it is just zoomed out with pixellation, so the quality is worse.

Maybe on pcs this is not the case, but on my iphone and ipad, it doesn't play the hd version like the youtube app does for example.

If there is a way for hd to come through on the hd tag on ipads and iphones let me know, but on my ipad, the hd video is definitely not hd. So why post it hd if it is not hd? Worse picture and wasted bandwith.