Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #501 eev, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    well because my question was ignored by devs i am gonna ask it again. why enemy units can heal when they are attacked by lizards with third level of the guild? description of lizards says something different. and about the shops in the game. there are so many useless stuff in there if you play at legend difficulty. that makes grinding the shops really annoying. actually more annoying than in first game. at least refresh button in the shops would be something good. and please dont say that it's part of the game. to press the quit then shop and then again and again.

2. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    #502 RazvanGNR, Jun 5, 2012
    What happened? :|

I never got to update the first time!
    This new one is safe right?

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    #503 MisterDrgn, Jun 5, 2012
    It's working for me. The new map is ridiculously hard though, so if you have anyone at Legend, be prepared for them to fall back below Legend for a while...

(Or maybe I'm just missing something...I've only tried it with Lovell.)

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Some enemies are immune to burning, so it doesn't affect them at all or stop them healing. Some other enemies can cast healing spells, I don't think burning stops them casting those either.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i am talking about enemies which get the sign, so they affected by that. well and if casting healing spells works than description of lizards ability should be changed.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Gimka, are there any plans for a traditional RPG comparison interface? Simply, another equipment info windows that pops up below the window for the currently tapped item, showing the stats of whatever item is equipped in the relevant slot (or slots, for the accesories).

If you want to make it really helpful and convenient :), add little arrows next to every stat in the window for the unequipped item, indicating whether the stat is an improvement or reduction (along the lines of green upwards arrows for the former, red downwards for the latter, but tailored to the DC2 graphical style).

(An alternative would be to expand the info pop-ups for items and simply display the stats of the equipped item in brackets next to the stats of the unequipped, color-coded for improvement or reduction.)

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    If we still want to get the BBQ but haven't reached the required reputation level should we update the game?

8. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Sorry, it has been a while. I have been occupied with fixing the issue with 1.0.1. v1.1 is up now!

Eev, some enemy units carry health potions and will heal themselves with those regardless if you use the lizardmen or not. Though, if you use high dps units, like Wizards, they sometime can kill those enemies immediately without giving them the chance to use the potions.

We had discussed about adding a refresh button to the shop but the rest of the team doesn’t agree. We will improve the shop later on, but not by adding a refresh button.

Ayjona, no plan yet. We are currently focusing on adding more maps, enemies and more urgent features first, like iCloud. But that’s a good idea and we’ll consider it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Masmo, you can update the game. BBQ will still be there as long as you are using the saved file from v1.0 or v1.0.1.

Thanks for playing!

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #509 eev, Jun 5, 2012
    fair enough with these lizards, but still it might be good idea to give another description to this ability because using healing potions is kind of healing too. yes somehow to improve the shop would be great. i mean, constantly refreshing shop by the way it is now is not that fun. it is just like meaningless pressing the same buttons again and again. especially because even with the new update only the last items are somehow interesting for legend difficulty maps.

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #510 eev, Jun 5, 2012
    also another question and it's about aiming, why melven aims those fast enemies on stonebreak when they are in top area and not ones which are already in the area where she is? and actually there are more examples when melves aiming is not really optimal. multitasking is still kind of broken, even if you are just on the world map and turn off device the game closes and it's not quite pleasant too. new map is actually quite interesting. for melven easy even on heroic but legend is much more challenging, seems like these bosses need some specific strategy.

11. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #511 visionwebs, Jun 5, 2012
    Yep, mellon or what ever her name is on my game has +12 targets or something op like that but she only ever hits +4 at a time from what I have seen.

How are people doing deepweb on the higher difficulties with the warrior hero without taking any losses, if I prepare for the first banshee I lose a couple of lives on the skeletons but if I prepare to fight the skeletons that initial banshee gets though without a problem.:confused:

Master difficulty with general level 63

If he could hit the banshee with his sword it would be SO much easier!!
    Or is there a special type of sword that can do it?

By the way what is the ability +greed?

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Gives you money when the unit kills things. Halflings have +greed.

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    The Halfings are really good because of that ability.

14. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Okay I'm going to go and unlock them lol

15. Altrez

Altrez Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    IT
    Kentucky
    I need a bit of help. How do you unlock the other units? Like halfings, ect? Do they get a guild or what?

I just finished the game with Melwen and have not seen anything other then the basic units.

-Altrez

16. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Hey guys,

I am having an issue with the game running in the background. Before the update I could lock my device, reopen the app, hit Start Campaign and it would load to where I was last on the level I was playing. So far today when I lock my device and go back into the game, I am back at the world map with no saved progress of the level I was working on.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

This game is sooooo awesome btw. Great to see it being worked on and content added so short after release :).

Cheers to Gimka on the game!

17. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    You have to purchase them in the Great Library.

18. Altrez

Altrez Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    IT
    Kentucky
    Teh_Ninja,

Thank you!

-Altrez

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    IIRC, earlier in the thread, the developer said the game auto-saved when you press pause, so have you tried pausing before you lock the device?

20. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Thanks for the response. I do believe I paused the game because I set my phone aside to do some work while it was paused and the phone locked. When going back in I seem to have been ejected from the game. I will test this further throughout the day :)