Seed Gameplay video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by byron_hinson, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
  2. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
  3. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    This looks amazing, though some of the loading screens are a bit long...but that's not an issue. Has this game been submitted yet or is there a set submission date?

4. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    looks better than inotia imo

5. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You sir, have something wrong with you. I've been beta testing Chronicles of Inotia: Wanderer of Luone, and posted an exclusive preview article of it. It's THE BEST RPG ever. Hands down.

6. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I also agree with him, I do think this game is better than Inotia.

7. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Haha, I know, but can I have some reasons why you think so?

8. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    OR......can we just not talk about this at all and go back to the topic at hand? It doesn't matter at all which game you think is better as it is all a matter of personal opinion.

9. Aldex Oun

Aug 15, 2009
    Well, personally I hate the control system of Inotia, I'd much rather have a dpad. I also like the fact that, if you pick a class you're not necessarily restricted to that class, for example, if you play as a magician, you're still able to utilize the other class' weapons as well. I also love the great amount of abilities and skills that you can use to chain together.

10. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    No, but I'm curious as to what people like in their RPG games, hence why CoI is worse than Seed.

11. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Are you talking about the upcoming Inotia or the one that's already out?

The upcoming one DOES have a dpad, and a three man party system in which you can control any character in the party, five classes, tons of armor, weapons, and items, each class has 6 active and 6 passive skills, and there's even an online combat mode. IMO, that makes it qualify as the best RPG when it hits the App Store. Exclusive NoDPad preview article here.

12. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    There you go again Kunning. It's not that I don't think that your opinions are wrong it is just that you presume that you are correct about everything. They are basing it off of only screenshots/videos and I presume that they have never played either game. Based off only of that I would have to agree that SEED looks much better imho. I also beta tested Chronicles of Inotia and enjoyed it thoroughly. Yes it is the best rpg I have played on my touch but keep in mind that you nor I have never played SEED, so you cannot say anything about how much better it is than SEED besides the artwork and what you see in the video..unless you played a preview possibly but then again that is purely subjective as we all have our own opinions.

13. Aldex Oun

Aug 15, 2009
    Well I wasn't aware of the Dpad being added in the upcoming Inotia. But like I said before, I hate being restricted by class, which is something I love about SEED. You can see it being utilized more in this video.

14. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    I'm not presuming I'm correct, I guess it's just the way I type :eek: I was genuinely interested in why other people thought SEED was better, and after looking at both videos I have to say that the concept and gameplay looks really fun and original, but does stray a little bit from my perspective on RPGs. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    There is no need to be sorry as we all have our opinions but saying someone is wrong about their opinion and saying one is better than the other without playing the other and only based on videos, which I think only exemplify the game, is not the way to go. I respect your opinion and I'm sure others do too but you did say that they were wrong about their claim without hard evidence :p

Oh and what is your perspective of an "rpg", not mock you at all just curious...as you know rpgs are of a wide variety.

If and when you get a chance to preview this game on Nopad, come back with more concrete evidence of why one is better than the other. Looks can be deceiving and you can never truly know how good a game is until you actually get it in the palm of your hands and give it a go.

16. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Haha, alright. I probably shouldn't have said that, as now I'm just sticking my own foot in my mouth :eek: Thanks, and I respect your opinion also. My perspective on an RPG is that there are skills, different classes, many items, and it's not turn-based. It's a pretty simple definition, but it works. :p

I did preview the game on NoDPad, and I didn't compare it to any upcoming RPGs, I just compared the game to current ones in the App Store. Preview can be found here. Hope you enjoy reading it!

17. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Hoping to get a review build of Seed soon so hopefully I can comment on it a bit more, but from a personal view point there is a mass of differing views on what a RPG is, none are right or wrong as I can where everyones points of view comes from.

I'll hold back judgement until I have both games in my hands, and at least one will be sooner than the other!

18. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Lol, compare compare compare. I'm buying them both!! :D

19. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Hey Byron, do you know if SEED's been submitted? I'm too lazy to make another tab and check. :p The second Inotia game has though, and I beta tested and loved it.

20. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Nice preview.

I personally think any game that immerses you into a world and lets you feel the adventure as if you are a part of it counts. If I had to choose preference, I am more smitten with turn-based Rpgs.