Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    DO NOT GET THE PEARJET because if you wait a little longer you can get an aeroeagle, cheaper, bigger, longer range

2. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Savoring this moment while it lasts... just cracked the top 10 for the first time.

Love those AeroEagles.

3. runmymouth

runmymouth New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    So are aeroeagle's what I really want to have a lot of?

4. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Bangalore is down again. Twice today which I have never seen happen. I am guessing this is Nimblebit ramping up the difficulty and making us have to think and adjust. Irritating yes. But kind of cool.

5. NimbleTim

NimbleTim Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Wish we thought of being able to do something like that. It is completely random.

6. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I thought you guys were busy laughing at us trying to do this event lol closing things left and right. I found that idea fun but it's even better that the game itself is playing with us in a sense albeit unwittingly...

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I thought the same thing late last night when New York closed again! lol

8. coastcat

Aug 6, 2012
    And... NY is closed again!

Okay, so this game is sentient and is messing with our minds. Very clever, NimbleBit. :p

I wonder who's #1? That person has about 1700 jobs right now, 500 ahead of #2. I'm tied for #7, which won't last since I need to go have a life at some point.

9. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    That was strange. New York showed 39 minutes left in the closure, and just a minute later it was open again?

10. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Aaaahhhh, half my planes were grounded in New York! Not convinced of the randomness.

Yeah, who is #1?

#1 ... 1714
    #2 ... 1245
    #3 ... 1035 (me)
    #4 ... 1027
    #5 ... 903
    #6 ... 831
    #7 ... 830
    #8 ... 779
    #9 ... 774
    #10 ... 727

11. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Aeroeagles are great if you like a slightly quicker game or can check in frequently. Cyclones are wicked fast.
    Otherwise choose Sequoia for a slower paced game, checking in less frequently.

NY to London
    Sequoia 34 min (3x weight upgrade)
    AeroEagle 29 min (3x weight upgrade, zero speed upgrade)
    Fogbuster 20 min (3x weight upgrade)
    Cyclone 19 min (3x weight upgrade, zero speed upgrade)

NY to Shanghai (via London & Tehran, cuz AE can't make it to Paris)
    Sequoia 1 hr 32 min
    AeroEagle 1 hr 19 min
    Fogbuster 56 min
    Cyclone 51 min

Keep in mind that slower planes generally make more profit than faster planes.

12. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Left the game unattended for an hour and dropped from 8 to 15. :(

13. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I just got knocked down from 3 to 4 after walking away for a couple do hours. :(
    About to head to bed soon, will prolly get knocked out of the Top 20 by morning.
    Could get worse when my daughter "helps", she doesn't quite get what I'm trying to do with my planes and sends them off in all directions, all over the map. :eek:
    Oh well, at least I've got the minimum 50 job "buy in" completed. :D

So... The next event will prolly be a Bux-only (no plane) reward. Wonder which city it will be in. Maybe another obscure location like they did with Norilsk? I'm looking forward to a slower paced event so I can put my Blimps back into play.

14. Weaselboy

Weaselboy New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    9 planes grounded in Mexico City this morning... 6 others in NA cut off...
    Fun fun fun!

-=QAKurt

15. jamesfish30

jamesfish30 Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    About to add my 24th city, I think I am going to choose Havana, but may add Nairobi, or Cairo. Just competing in the Salvador event at the moment, only my second event from what I can remember, London was my first event.

16. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Sorry, that was me. For the first time I have really ramped up my delivery effort. I have a dozen Aeroeagles servicing out of two cities currently. :D

17. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    NimbleTim, I have one (hopefully easy) enhancement request for the next update. It would be helpful if we could change a plane's flight number while it's in the hangar. As a bonus, it would also be nice if we could change the paint and change the pilot's costume while also in the hangar. Actually, you could make the plane info screen from the hangar almost identical to the info screen for in-service planes; just remove the REMOVE button (or replace with a FLY and/or SCRAP button). Thanks!

18. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Well done on #3 position there Faye! The party I went to last night turned out to be a long, long night / morning so I'm only just checking back into the game - I dropped almost 20 places from 11th to 30th!!! Not giving up yet though, I have such a good setup that I'm fighting for this one! Back up to 21st again now... making a big push not caring about profit / loss as much (though I wasn't really already). Now I'm struggling to get everything into Salvador before the next batch of deliveries arrives from my feeder cities!!!

Also not convinced about the randomness of the city closures...

19. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    That's awesome! With that many planes you'll prolly reach the #1 guy (currently at 2268 jobs).

I've got 10 Aeroeagles servicing from NY, London and Shanghai. I don't have a problem filling up to head toward Salvador, but they sure get stuck in Salvador waiting to fly back out. :-/

Wow, I'm still #4. Really surprised I didn't get knocked out of Top 10 overnight. May slip down a few more spots, real life beckons...

20. coastcat

Aug 6, 2012
    #6000 coastcat, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Darn, got knocked down from 7 to 10 overnight. I'm starting to close out South America and shift operations back to profit-mode, since I've done over 1000 jobs on the Salvador event. That's quite enough to have earned the reward!

Looking forward to getting the Cyclone, but I've only reached level 24 (Cyclones are level 26). Am I right in thinking that the Tetra isn't a high-profit plane? Lots of space, but fast and heavy means high operating costs. Might try one for the heck of it, but I get the feeling it's a lot like the Fogbuster. I don't like my Fogbuster.

EDIT: Okay, I'm done with Salvador, 1113 jobs. That puts me at #10 right now. If it looks like I'll slip out of the top 50 at the finish, I might have to re-open a few airports and fight for position!