How Much Have You Spent On Apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vector, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    I Have Spent $68

2. Probably around that for me as well. I have over 300 apps in my purchase history, but I caught most of them on sales, and the same can be said for anyone else who has 300 or WAY MORE in their purchase histories.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    me about $40

4. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I don't even want to think about it, and I definitely don't want my wife to ever find out.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Probably a couple hundred bucks.

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I've spent 300$ on Eliminate Pro alone. So maybe 500-900 dollars :p Parents haven't deduced that yet so... Oh and I plan on buying another iTunes card tomorrow.

7. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Considering I've only early adopted about 3 games in 16 months with my 4s...

$300ish

To date only one unlock/IAP (triple town)

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    About this.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Much less than what I used to spend on consoles. A fraction of it as iOS games are so cheap and there aren't any peripherals to buy. Those additional high capacity batteries for the PSP cost a bit, plus the price of the 360 bigger hard disk plus replacing all those broken controllers etc.

I think I spent like only a quarter of what I had been spending on consoles...

10. lllfionalll

lllfionalll New Member

Apr 1, 2013
    just @ 100+ INR

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Thing is between this and steam I prolly have a backlog to last many lifetimes but I keep buying more. I did manage to beat tomb raider last week and me and my kids completed our first run though of diablo III, so I am making progress. Would like to knock out dishonored this week, and plug some rounds of CTF in bf3. Maybe mssplosion man, since I only played about two minutes of it, and I installed battle dungeon risen but haven't played but maybe a minute of it so i like to start that as well.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #12 backtothis, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Pretty much this.

Just started Borderlands 2 a few days ago. Have had it since Black Friday. There are some other XBOX titles (Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.) I bought at nearly full price ($60) a year ago that I have yet to open.

I've spent more money (well over $100) on Square Enix's games than for any other dev on the iOS. I've beaten one game: Chaos Rings.

These days, checking out (articles, reviews, videos, hype, etc.) new games and shopping for them almost feel just as fun as playing them.

For iOS games alone, plenty of us here on TA truly already do have a backlog that will last a lifetime (or many).

13. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Funny thing I just went over my whole purchase history yesterday to see how much I spent overall and how much I thrown away on apps I don't even use so much.
    So it all sums up at around 130 bucks and 25 of those bucks are apps I played/ used maybe twice.I got probably 2/3 of apps/ games from sales, other 1/3 at regular price.
    Another funny thing is that when I first got iPad, I read so many reviews and watched so many gameplay videos of games, made a list of them that interest me, shorten that list to feature only those games that will entartain me for longer time and I will enjoy coming back to, and all that in effort to manage my financials wisely.Not so much of that nowadays, but I am trying my best not to spend too much, some games are just too good to wait 2 weeks for a sale, and list of upcoming games doesn't help, there are probably more than 10 of them that I intend to buy on release.

14. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I've spent way too much, and whats even worse is a lot of the games I bought got deleted shortly after I bought them. I don't want to think about how much I've spent, but probably around $300.

15. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    According to AppZapp the current value of all my apps is $5846. I have no idea what it would be if I excluded all the apps I've gotten for free or while on sale tho.

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh my...well, I think I bought my first app in 2008...I try not to keep track, but I've spent more on apps then the combined prices of my OG ipod touch, iPad Mini, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, and all peripherals and cases combined.

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    To make matters worse, I don't buy games only; they are cheap compared to some of the music apps I've bought, which usually range in price from 5-30 bucks. It's a good thing I'm not a Square Enix fan.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Splosion Man is a good example of my stupidity. I bought it, then deleted it immediately after it was installed because it took up too much storage space.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh gee I don't even want to think about it. Probably a couple hundred.

I do that all the time :rolleyes: I can't resist $.99 sales.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahahaha... This. In my case, the wife knows of my weekly iOS budget, and she knows i go past that budget more often than not.