Upload your iPhone art for a chance to win a 64GB Apple iPad!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by liquidmutiny, Jan 27, 2010.

1. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    #1 liquidmutiny, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    It's now FREE! All you have to do is upload Art that you made on your iPhone at www.liquidmutiny.com. You will be automatically entered for a chance to win a 64GB 3G Enabled Apple iPad!

2. Clouds

Clouds Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    i have no idea what u just said...could u dum it down for me?

3. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    #3 songbird, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Buy a space on the site(liquidmutiny.com). Make art on your iphone with an art app. Upload/send art to them so they can upload your art onto their site. 1 entrant wins 64gb apple ipad. All the uploaded artworks together will be used as pixels in an icon for an app that will appear on the app store.
    -no purchase necessary?? aside from the 2.99 for the block on the site.

4. bleeper

bleeper Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Ponzi for One.

He announced basically the same thing a month and a half ago, except then it was for a charity cause as yet to be determined. I thought this scheme sounded familiar and did a search and came up with the original thread. Curiously, he has gone back and edited all of his posts so most of the evidence that this is the same thing is now gone. But you can still sort of tell what it was from a few responses in thread, including mine.

Here's a link to the thread.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=37216

5. Clouds

Clouds Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    i dont want to spend the 2.99.....chances are 1 out of thousands

6. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    Well said, this is real. You can mail your iPhone art to the P.O Box so no purchase necessary.

7. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    That does look kind of suspicious!

8. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    Well actually, we've been working on this iPhone app project for months. The barrier of entry was too high so we had to revamp the project to make it accessible to everyone who wants to be a part of it. Hence the "update coming soon."

I urge everyone who is interested in creating iPhone art to give it a try. The worse thing that can happen is that your art is showcased in an iPhone app.

9. bleeper

bleeper Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    for future reference, even though it's already been edited once... :cool:

10. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    hmmmmm.... i'd do this but i'm artistically challenged... and skeptic

11. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    I understand the skepticism. A user generated app has never been done before on the iPhone and iPod touch. "User generated" meaning that the iPhone app icon as well as the art featured within the app is created by users. This is real, your art will be a part of the app icon, featured in the app and someone will win a brand new 64GB Apple iPad.

You don't have to be an artist. The only rule is the art must be your own and created using a iPhone or iPod Touch and your finger. If you are new to creating art on your iPhone, download a drawing or painting app from the App Store and get creative!

12. Droog

Droog New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    #12 Droog, Jan 27, 2010
    What you are doing sounds like a lottery.

Buy a block of space (ticket) for $2.99, and maybe you will win.

If you are in the US there are a lot of laws concerning lotterys.

Either way, doesn't sound worth risking $2.99

And so to understand, we can pay $2.99 to possibly have our art, on an app that people will pay for?.. And the artists only compensation other than paying for the privilege to have their art featured is possibly winning 1 iPad?

Oh please.

13. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    You make valid points but this is not a lottery. You don't have to buy blocks to be entered in the sweepstakes, you can mail in your iPhone art. $2.99 is the minimum purchase to be automatically entered to win. Please visit the faq section of the website. The app will be a free download from the App Store.

14. Unknownalias11

Unknownalias11 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    #14 Unknownalias11, Jan 27, 2010
    Ever hear of of the million dollar homepage?

Also, the first user generated app? I don't think so, there are tons of apps with pictures that are submitted by users.

Oh buy all these blocks and give us $2.99 x as many blocks as you can and we'll easily give only ONE of you a less than $700 item, yes, you make us millions we give you 699, good deal yo, good deal.

15. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
  16. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Caution: don't open the page Chrisrushing hyperlinked if you are prone to seizures!

17. HumbleLlama

HumbleLlama Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    can we e-mail you the art online? Because where I live, we don't really use the P.O Box thing....

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

My eyes!!!!!

19. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    For legal reasons we can not accept emailed artwork entries. This is not a lottery and you do not have to buy blocks to enter. No purchase necessary, just take a screen shot of your art, print it out, attach it to a 3.5" post card, and mail it to Liquid Mutiny LLC P.O Box 12139 Orlando FL. Be sure to include your name, title of your art, and the app used to create it.

iPhone Art that is mailed in will not be included in the iPhone app. Anyone who uploads iPhone art at www.liquidmutiny.com will be automatically entered for a chance to win a brand new 64GB Apple iPad.

20. liquidmutiny

Oct 31, 2009
    For legal reasons we can not accept emailed artwork entries. This is not a lottery and you do not have to buy blocks to enter. No purchase necessary, just take a screen shot of your art, print it out, attach it to a 3.5" post card, and mail it to Liquid Mutiny LLC P.O Box 12139 Orlando FL. Be sure to include your name, title of your art, and the app used to create it.

iPhone Art that is mailed in will not be included in the iPhone app. Anyone who uploads iPhone art at www.liquidmutiny.com will be automatically entered for a chance to win a brand new 64GB Apple iPad.