Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    #741 ThylacineStudios, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    As of right now, it'll be divided up into several categories: perks, creature points, character points, and avatar points. "Perks" are class-specific. For example, Death Mages can invest points in a necromancy perk which allows them to raise their dead creatures as Death creatures in battle. "Creature" points and "Character" points are not class-specific, and allow you to invest an unlimited number of points to increase your maximum mana, ritual slots, spellbook slots, creature stats, etc. Each time your character gains a level or completes a Duty, you'll be awarded with skill points (which are actually going to be called Royalty Points in-game). You can invest these points wherever you want.

And finally, "Avatar" points will be class-specific, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to include that in the next update so I won't mention what that is quite yet - but it's going to be awesome regardless of when it's finished.

Edit for more info:
    Each class will have 5 perks. More will probably be added over time. Each time you level up a perk, it becomes a little more powerful or has a higher chance to occur if it's a luck-based effect. Some perks are effective in the overworld as opposed to in battle - for example, Nature mages will have better luck finding materials inside breakable objects.

2. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Wow perfect! This is really what I needed in this game.
    Thank you :)

3. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Were the magic categories in this game inspired by those in "Master of Magic?"

That categorization always resonated with me, so it's interesting to see it in another game.

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Yes, you're actually the first person to mention that they noticed that :)

5. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    MoM was amazing. Shameless plug, it's being remade under the name "worlds of magic". Full disclosure, I backed the kickstarter but I'm in no way affiliated with the devs. Don't wanna highjack the thread though, but props for the inspiration, it's good source matirial.

6. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's fitting. Aside from gameplay and genre, there's a similar vibe to this game as MoM. I guess it's the whole "wizard monarch simulator" thing.

Looks like they got 150% of what they asked for; not bad. I'll keep my eye on that one. I also have been wondering whether the people who made Starbase Orion would make something like MoM the way they drew from MoO. I'm pretty fussy with the 4x genre and I don't usually like games in it. MoM is a notable exception, but something based on it could still be hit or miss.

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    #747 CalinR, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    It's still a super rough beta, but I haven't played it in awhile. The game however, is a straight up remake of MoM, I can attest to that. Not "inspired by" or anything like that. They were talking about actually adding an AI in the last update. Not upset I backed it though. The star Starbase Orion guy's making a second one unfortunately, but I hear tell that HOMM 3 (without the expansions) is deff in production for iPad.

8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    HOMM3 is out on the 29th for iPad. Ubi announced it a while back.

9. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Awesome, glad to see this game's paying off enough to justify these additions.

10. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
  11. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    Thank you.

Hey Thylacine Studios! First off, I want to apologize for how long it took me to buy Siralim. I downloaded the game when it first came out (last year), played it for a bit and quit playing mainly because of the small text issue and because other games came along, and because I only allow myself so much money to spend on games each month (and yours never seemed to make the cut). However, I kept up with the game here in the forums and continually saw how active your studio was/is in taking feedback, updating the game, and continuing to make it a game with deeper RPG elements and more and more content and variety. After the last update, my wife (a non-gamer) and I went to take a walk and I was rambling on about ios games (as I tend to do), and I mentioned how much respect I had for your game (using a free-to-try, pay to continue model) and for your company (small, active, believes in their game, cares what their fans think). Long story short (I know, too late), I just bought your game yesterday (on my birthday) and played it for a long while. It's a fantastic game that I am awful at, and loving every minute of collecting monsters, improving the castle, learning the role of sigils, etc. I believe I made the right choice in buying your game because it looks like one I could play forever and is going to be improving for just as along.

Basically, thanks. I hope my small contribution (of buying your product) will help a little in keeping your company going. I know I don't know really know anything about what it takes to develop a game or run a game company, but I'm sure money is a big part of it. I love your game. And if you come out with any other games or paid content for Siralim, I'll be the first in line to get it. Have a great Sunday!

12. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Wow, thanks for all the kinds words, greenleaf! I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying the game now. There's definitely a lot for Siralim players to look forward to in the near future with our free expansion coming out in the next month or so.

Happy belated Birthday, too!

13. Syro

Syro Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I can't complete the castle quest to fight my way to a teleportation shrine and use it. Every time I use the one on level 1, Siralim force quits. When I load, I'm in the castle with a portal to level 2 and the castle quest still in progress. I can't use the shrine on level 2 because the game tells me I should return to the castle or something. So I'm blocked by this.

14. Syro

Syro Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Good news! After three times clearing all of level 1 and then crashing at the shrine, I decided to try going straight to the shrine without exploring all of level 1 first. For whatever reason that worked and got me to level 2 without crashing, so I'm done with that castle quest and on to learning about rituals.

Thank goodness, because this game is addictive!

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    There is an issue in the current version that causes the game to use up more memory than it should, especially after visiting multiple realms. That's what is causing the game to silently crash right now. It'll be fixed in the next update - sorry for any frustration this is causing you!

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Lol, did I miss this RPG all the time or wasn't it universal before?

17. Syro

Syro Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    You must have missed it. Siralim's been around for a while.

I had it sitting on my phone for months, following the forum waiting for the developer to stop releasing major updates. Eventually I was so impressed with the feedback and the developer's interactions here in the forum that I decided to purchase the unlock. However, you have to go in-game to do that, and I couldn't resist just poking around a little bit to see how it plays ... and now I can't stop.

Fantastic game, free-to-try, absolutely no reason not to give it a shot.

18. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
  19. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Oh, oh sh*t, there's new creatures??!? Omg....