iPad Disc Drivin' - Turn-based online multiplayer racing!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Sounds fun!

2. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Count me in on the next race. Gamer name is burn.

3. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I've been away from the TA forums for awhile, by I'm back. Ow and would love some good co
    Petition in Disc Drivin'. If you're looking for another player hit me up. I won't say I'm great but if youre looking for decent competition I'm committed to racing and have fun.

Disc drivin' - Chumbake

4. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Have 8 empty solts. Add me:

injuwarrior

5. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Just started a game with you.

6. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    I like playing with you InjuWarrior. We're both on the same skill level it seems. Indy on the other hand lets me win about 1 out of every 10 games we play. lol

Does the developer watch this thread? One of the things that drives me crazy about this game is not having the playback controls available when looking top-down at the map. That's really the only feature that I find missing on here. That and I guess it's about time for some new tracks. Maybe we could get some community-built ones like Forever Drive??

7. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I contacted the dev this week to ask if we can expect any further updates/content and he replied that they aren't working on anything at the moment. Not sure what everyone else thinks but I could definitely use more tracks, and I would gladly pay for them as an iap, maybe 69p for a couple of new tracks. I wouldn't expect too much tho as the dev seems to have ignored almost all user requests to date, eg more game modes, fix the notification badges etc..

8. Surely

Surely Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    ^^^^That sucks big time. Very disappointing.

You do have playback controls when looking overhead. Sort of. You need to press play first, and quickly press the overhead camera.

9. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    It does suck, but they did give decent support to the game and I don't think it sold as well as it probably should have, even though almost everyone who has it probably still plays it daily. I really think it would be awesome to see a sequal. I would personally want to see all the original tracks, ability to play across original and sequal, and ability to move all your current games to the the sequal. Then there would be no reason not to upgrade then, and I think they would probably have enough momentum to get high up there in the charts.

10. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I’m guessing that the broken badges has taken a big chunk out of the player base and the word-of-mouth: new players don’t get a good impression when a game sits stuck in limbo because someone doesn’t know it’s their turn.

That’s the only actual bug I can think of, but it really slows down gameplay unless everyone in the game is a “pro” who knows to keep checking manually.

I hope that one fix happens, because it’s all this great game really needs!

(I also think they’d sell a ton more IAP if they just gave you ALL the decals at once for .99. Because only the tiniest % of people would ever buy more than one set anyway, whereas a much higher % would pay .99 for a really big set.)

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Whatever they add on to DD, I'm buying. Best app on my iPad, hands down. Unbelievably fun. I always have 18-19 games going (must keep one open just in case) and play a lot with the same people.

We even have oen group, two Germans vs. two Americans vying for bragging rights for the two countries.

12. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Here's a quick wishlist for the next version (or added to this one):

* Export last 2 moves to video (possible youtube integration)
    * Tweet race results
    * Camera navigation in the top-down track view
    * Universal build

I bet a $.99 Universal build would do really well with all of the new iPad owners out there right now.

13. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    For those of you with iPads, do you prefer playing the iPhone version in 2x mode or the iPad version? I don't have the iPad version yet but it seems that you would have a better advantage in 2x mode. Am I missing out by not having the iPad version?

14. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Definitely HD version. More room to swipe, better precision for me.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yes, but you guys talk so much, I can't keep up. LOL! ;)

This is my most played game on the platform too. This and Ascension.

Signed,

The (Relatively) Quiet One.

16. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Figured I'd come on by this thread again and just say that I am STILL playing DD everyday even after a full year. If you want to start a game with me then feel free. zman2100.

I'm hoping they release a new update soon as it has been a little while since the disc customization update. The dev hinted at me that he may be looking to implement a save replay feature, but I definitely don't think he's done supporting DD yet.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    We need new courses, icon badging, auto replays. In any case I play daily as well.

18. blindspot

blindspot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    This app does not die. Always in rotation. Async keeps good apps alive and kickin. Love it!

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Asynch isn't always the answer. Food Fight is not a good asynch game at all and should have had live online, and probably only live online. That game is absolutely no fun played asynch and doesn't do the real game justice. Asynch is so perfectly suited to Disc Drivin', though.

It would be even more perfectly suited if it would update faster, though, so when people are online at the same time we didn't have to quit and relaunch over and over to get timely updates.

20. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    A full game would likely take too long in one sitting with 3 or 4 for my tastes, so async is fine by me. Actually, it would be perfect to have guys online for 10 minutes at a clip but the more players in the game, the harder that is to accomplish.

Ticket To Ride Pocket is the perfect async but I'll play Food Fight, no problem.