• Publisher: Engient
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 42.9 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 2.7 (3)
App description: 2nd Place Winner of Activision's 2011 Independent Games Competition.
....PLEASE NOTE: iPad 2 or later only (see below for more info)

Its a fascinating challenge. So fascinating that Im being dragged back into the swirling vortex of slightly adjusted gun placements even as I write this.
-RockPaperShotgun.com

PLAN, BUILD, & BATTLE FOR FREEDOM
Rigonauts is the fantastical building battle game from Engient. Snap together the ultimate vessel and send your crew of Hobs into battle. With a well designed ship and a clever plan, your crew will smash and blast past an assortment of strange and dangerous foes.

FEATURES
Endless Strategic Possibilities Plan, create, build your own version of the Rigo and to overcome the strengths and exploit the weaknesses of the evil Komondants naval forces.
Wacky Weaponry Command your Crewlin to man an arsenal of machine guns, cannons, flamers and more as you cripple enemy vessels in your way of freedom.
Armors, Shocks & Balloons Outfit your vessel with armor, shocks & even balloons to take on any enemy artillery and terrain imaginable.
Over 30 Levels Test the limits of your imagination as you build and battle through over 30 levels of fantastical foes and kooky Komandants.
Rigonauts Crew The Caplin commands the Crewlin, the gunners and Saplins who board enemy Komandant ships.

Technical Note 1: This game is designed for iPad 2 or later only.

Technical Note 2: Some users have reported being dumped out of the game. Recent update should fix this. If not please try rebooting your device and playing the game with no background apps.

goiMot's comments:

04-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
IF you have the budget, a GREAT feature to add would be similar to Big Big Castle! That is, the ability to CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR on a GC friend...I'm looking at you, oooooomonkey
Well that's not very nice

But would be a cool mode.
04-12-2013, 07:23 PM
I am just getting started with this game and I am very quickly intrigued by the possibilities. I will say that there is not a lot of hand holding (at least so far) and success will require much trial and error. However, restarting a level is easy and instant. I am looking forward to playing more.

By the way, the game seems to run perfectly on my iPad 3.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

04-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Besides the occasional crash on my iPad mini, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.
04-13-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm playing this on the 4th gen ipad and wow, I am really enjoying this game. I love how the three star system can be ignored to pass a level. I love getting 3 stars in every stage, so when I'm really frustrated it's fun to just go all out and build something fun. As someone said before, if you replay the stage with the same setup things seem to happen slightly different. However that doesn't mean you can build something terrible and expect it to win if you keep hitting retry.

I was wondering though, on the main screen with the start button are the characters supposed to look a little blurred? Maybe just some visual improvements? The icons in the game feel a bit small for me but its not a big problem if there is no change. Also, I tend to play with my home button on the right when I play horizontally because of my case design. Could you guys add in the flip screen function?

You guys made a pretty fun game! I hope it does well.
04-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Not sure if the dev's are here reading this forum but I. At the point where I've had to quit, level 3-4, the game crashes everytime I start the level.
I get to build fine but when it comes to the action bit your vehicle gets just within shooting range of the first enemy and the game shuts itself down.
04-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm enjoying the game, but I would go as far as to say the icon is bad. The image needs to be bigger, clearer and more vibrant. There are thousands examples of good icons so you really just need to look at the Top Charts tab of the App Store to get some idea of what to aim for. Also, is "rigonautsipad" really necessary? "Rigonauts" would be just fine.
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Wish this was iPhone, I'd buy it in an instant
05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm interested in people's impressions who've already bought this game. Do you still play it, any regrets on purchasing and has the crash bug really been addressed? Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.
03-30-2014, 04:59 AM
Went to redownload this and noticed it's vanished from the store, and my purchase history?
I was a beta tester for it too and it's also gone from my testflight list and I've had no response from the devs?
Looks like it's gone for good.