Universal Ticket to Earth (by Robot Circus Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BobGarrish

BobGarrish Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Thanks​ for putting in optional zoom so quickly, Devs, it means a lot. You've got a faithful customer!

(Though I'd already bought the game, because I support devs doing good work even if I lose $5 on a flyer every​ once in awhile)

2. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thanks for the extra information. We're continuing to look into this!

3. harlsom

harlsom Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This game is sick.
    So glad I bought it.
    Sad when it was over.
    Combat is fun, abilities/talents are fun, level of difficulty for me was great, bit of head scratching but never stuck at one point for too long. And the story/ characters - great. Need episode 2!

4. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    #164 aussiepaul, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Wow. A bit of praise from the Gold Coast AU. This game is so addictive. Im a bit of a M3 fan. The blend of different styles here, strategy and rpg story is great. I finding this more fun than hero emblems and that was a top game. Great work Devs. Oy Oy Oy

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this game is great, and woo does the difficulty go up quickly.

6. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    So sad it's over. Has anyone gotten all three tokens for each mission? I am having difficulty getting some of them.

7. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm not having a problem earning all of the tokens. Basically I just play easier levels until my special is powered up, then use the special attack on the level where I need the bonus tokens.

I'm also experiencing the bug where my bonus objectives don't save. I haven't looked into the specifics of it, but it sounds like the same bug that others have reported here.

8. Paradroid90

Paradroid90 Member

Mar 18, 2017
    #168 Paradroid90, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Completed side missions resetting happens to me as well. I do not know how to take screenshots, but one thing I am certain of is that it has happened to me twice on the level Jailbreak. First time I completed this level (playing the story) I did not achieve any second objective. I am sure that I completed "Pick up 20 Eye tiles" and "Defeat 4 Jackals" and that I had 34/48 on the summary for Land's End on the bottom of the list. Then as I was idling at the Land's End map screen where you select story missions, the game crashed. After restart, the list said that I had 30/48 objectives completed. Two missing were the ones I mentioned earlier, that I am sure of, and then presumably two others. I rather swiftly completed the two objectives from Jailbreak and another one, not sure which, again. Then the Jailbreak completed status reset again, leaving me currently at 31/48 and wary of doing much more before this is fixed.

Although I have a feeling that this glitch might actually benefit a player willing to exploit it. While I am not sure of this, I have the feeling that the skill tree and its token counter have not been reset. If this is the case, then I could presumably farm tokens by completing those two Jailbreak side missions over and over and then letting the game reset them. I have become pretty decent at completing them due to all the practice, at least with the current state of my characters.

Also I have purchased the Flash Grenade upgrade, and unfortunately, this has not reset, giving me my money back :(

9. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    The issue happened to me with Jailbreak as well. Maybe it has something to do with that mission being the first one where you use the second character?

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #170 L.Lawliet, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Update is live! Can't wait to give it a try.

Edit:

WOW. This game feels so smooth without the zoom. I love it. I actually wouldn't mind if there was a zoom when you attack for dramatic effect but either way, playing without zoom imo gives the best experience. I can really feel the flow of the game now. Thanks devs!

11. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #171 Tychaeus, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Yep, I am having THE same exact issue. I will complete some side missions, most notably and often jail break, log out and come back later with the tokens available on that same mission again. My characters do not lose their previously gained tokens and I can go get...what seems like possibly an infinite amount more from the same quest just by quoting the game and restarting.
    Amazing game btw, LOVE it.

12. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    As I played this last night I was specifically taking note of the potential bugs. Here is my bug report:

When I launched the game, I noticed that some of the bonus objectives that I had previously completed were now showing as uncompleted. It looked like all of the missions before "Jailbreak" are unaffected. So I replayed Jailbreak and completed the bonus objectives. Then I replayed the next two missions and completed the incomplete bonus objectives.

I then went and bought one talent for Rose and Wolf.

I then played two new missions that I hadn't played yet. Completed the main objective on both. Then I went to the main menu, made an iCloud save, closed the app, turned off the iPad and went to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, I launched the game and all bonus objectives that I had completed the night before were shown as incomplete. Yet the talents I bought for Rose and Wolf were still intact. My game progress for the new missions I had played was still intact.

I tried to reload the iCloud save and was told that it was unable to load the save.

And I got another minor bug. When I first launched the game this morning, it made me watch a dialog segment. When it was over, I was shown the main map, and there were no mission icons. So I couldn't start any new missions. I closed and relaunched the game and it was back to normal.

13. cevinius

cevinius Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Thank you for the very detailed report. This was a huge help and we think we've found the issue. We will get this into an update ASAP. In the meantime, you should be able to avoid this issue by not replaying Jailbreak. (Quit the game, Start the game, Don't replay Jailbreak. Replay other missions.)

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cevinius,

Thanks for the zoom toggle. The game is everything I had hoped, and can't wait to see the rest. One question I'd like to ask, if I may:

What was the thinking behind the Justice powers?

They are my one gameplay gripe. Was the game balanced with them in mind? For instance, the length of the last fight is altered significantly depending on their availability. I'm curious why you felt their inclusion was necessary and wondering if other alternatives were considered (like insta-charging all abilities or something like that).

Most importantly, thanks for this gem. Here's hoping it's a big hit for you.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with you. Love everything else about the game. Saving up justice powers just so I can go to another mission to clear an objective honestly makes me feel like they don't really serve much purpose. It takes so long to gather them that I don't ever use it when I "need" to since I know I have a Kill x in one turn objective I need to clear somewhere else.

I think the game would've been better if you designed it around making justice powers cost 2/5 or 3/5 of its current cost and skew them towards being used on most levels. For instance, Hero Emblems has super ults but you get them enough that you can use them on each level if you want to. There's no "storage" that would make you save them for some future fight. In this game it seems to make the game imbalanced in a way.

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Loving this game but do agree with you guys about justice powers. Seems like such a challenge to game balance. I think I've used it once and I'm about 15 missions in with other replays as well.

17. NakuSpes

NakuSpes Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Tbh, I wasn't sure as to what to expect when I first purchased this game but I wasn't expecting a game this amazing! The animations were fluid and the overall quality is better than what I usually get from the AppStore. However, I was both surprised and somewhat disappointed on how quick the game ended. :/ The story was amazing and I loved the gameplay; I just wished episode 1 didnt end so soon. I hope episode 2 is longer.

18. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Without the zoom, I'm no longer selecting wrong tile and making a move I don't want. Zoom is completely unnecessary for iPad IMO. Thank you for the quick update.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    So, waht is your token "investment" strategy? I always spend on anyting just enough to purchase.

Can I reset the game and try different path of upgrade?

20. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Currently going quickest route to 18 str for Rose and 19 agility for Wolf. These stats are required for their two best available weapons in the armory, and I can't help myself they are so cool. Already got the awesome sword, working on the sniper rifle now.