SkateCat now FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by HeliApps, May 22, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow what crap... another dev who doesn't know how to use Unity 3D... :mad::mad:

2. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Be nice!!!!!!!!!!!

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah ur rite... Thank you for making your game free so I didn't buy it and end up having to write a pretty nasty e-mail... =oP

But seriously, this looks worse than the first try at a game I made with Unity...

It's just such a bug jump from Grokion, which is a VERY good example of what Unity can do, to this...

4. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I can't stop laughing reading all of it here :):):)

5. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Wow great deal. I would've easily paid $4.99 for this.

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    HA!!! haha.... hahahaha!

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
  8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Now I get people might not like this game, or think it looks terrible, whatever.

But is that fair to treat the dev like this? It's a free game. No matter what you think, the dev didn't just spend 20 minutes making it. Time, energy and effort went into its creation.

If you don't like it, fine. But to act like 5 year olds telling this person the game is crap and it sucks...

Grow up, treat this person like a human and if you don't like the game, give your opinion, but do it like an adult and be respectful.

9. mindw0rk

mindw0rk Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Russia
    Infinity Blade killer

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

Yes... VERY fair...

This game SERIOUSLY looks and feels like less than an hour was spent on it... I won't go into how much times goes into my music, but I can GUARANTEE you that I put more time into one song than this dev into this game...

Need to send a message to devs that games like this will not be tolerated!!!

If we don't, the appstore's gonna be FULL of em!

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

The app store is already full of crApps.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't let the devs know that we won't tolerate poor quality apps, I'm saying it should be done in a mature way. Not in an "OMAG THIS APP IS POOP" way.

Do I honestly think the developer was aiming to create a disaster app that sucks? Well, maybe... But what if they weren't? what if the dev does this as a hobby and they don't know better?

All I'm saying is to handle it with some respect. Everyone is so tough and mighty on the internet, all respect is lost.