NZ payment account help

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Paradiso, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I have a NZ account already, but I'm in the US. I'm very impatient so I'd like to get Aralon as soon as possible.

I know I can't use my credit card on my NZ account so how can I buy it from the nz store when it comes out? :)

2. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    iTunes Gift cards.

3. Paradiso

I can use one from the US store on the NZ store? I was under the impression it had to be from the store you wanted to use it in.

4. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Nah, I meant NZ gift cards. I assume people buy them from ebay or something, which is too much of a hassle for a game imo.

5. Paradiso

Ah I see. Oh well, I'll just wait then.

6. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I am, about 78 percent sure that, if you email yourself a iTunes Gift Card in the US store, then post it in the NZ store, it might work.

7. Paradiso

Hmm I like those odds lol

I kinda figured if there was an easy way to do it then everyone would be.

I guess it can't hurt to try it though, if it doesn't work I can just use the money on my US account when it comes out here.

8. Apple NZ

Apple NZ Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Unfortunately I believe you will have to purchase a NZ gift card to be able to redeem it on the NZ store.

If you're in the US you could try buying online from one of the many iTunes retailers (there are so much these days, many shops have started selling the cards in the past month).

This retailer does international orders and they have regular sales like 2 $20 cards for $30 and $50 cards for $40: http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.filereader?4d08456d0392b1bc273fc0a87f3b06d5+EN/catalogs/CTG0002662