★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Aura - Interactive ambient music generator

02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Aura - Interactive ambient music generator

Hi all,

Just wanted to announce the release of our new app/toy/game, Aura.
It's a little different to our previous game, Mines In Space, but we hope you enjoy this too?!

Aura is an interactive ambient music generator where you can either simply sit back and listen or create your own music by using touch and motion.

There's a selection of sounds and parameters if you want to easily create your own music or you can let Aura seamlessly morph between infinite variations of auto generated music while you relax.

It's been released on the App Store this weekend and already jumped into the top 50 music apps....
Appstore Link

To see (and hear!) it in action there's a youtube video on the website:
http://www.higefive.com/aura/

We'd love to hear any comments or suggestions, so post them here or get in touch:
aura@higefive.com

Edit: Uploaded some screen shots...

Cheers!

Last edited by HigeFive; 02-09-2009 at 05:03 PM.
02-08-2009, 10:35 AM
it looks interesting, somehow like nano.
but i'm out of cash so maybe next time

EDIT: but i don't see a point of posting two the same threads in different sections.

Last edited by pante; 02-08-2009 at 10:38 AM.

02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Whooops!

It got cross posted cause I messed up while trying to decided if to put it in the 'games' forum.....is it actually game? Even we're not sure!

Decided to put it here also as we figured there are plenty of gamers that 'play' with apps like Aura...
02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to christophebailleau
hello
aura is a very good app; i will use it for my next album! (see christophe bailleau at myspace)
i have just a request : i would play it without the drone, the sound in foreground to come; is it possible in an update to have the possibility to stop it, i prefer the other sounds; on it would be fantastic to play our own sounds, or sampler, record a sound; like a looper
thanks
christophe bailleau
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Downloading now, already have a large section dedicated to musical app. but looked to good to pass up.
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophebailleau View Post
hello
i have just a request : i would play it without the drone, the sound in foreground to come; is it possible in an update to have the possibility to stop it, i prefer the other sounds;
christophe bailleau
By 'drone' I presume you mean the background pads/auras?
Each of these are represented in the 4 corners of the screen, they can be turned off in 'create mode' by:

Shaking your iPhone (this turns off all the sounds and lets your start from nothing)

Or adjusting each Aura/drone individually by dragging into the corner of the screen - this will set it's volume to 0.
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
This looks great!! I'm very tempted, as i really liked Bloom, and this appears to be much much more!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Nice. Been looking for more of these types of noisemakers...
Keep em coming!

Edit: purchased. I'll write up a small review later.
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Looking good so far, but man, you really need better documentation on this one. =)
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Add a record/save option and I'd buy it even if was $1.00 more.