Affliction: Zombie Rising | The world's first virtual reality zombie shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, May 25, 2012.

1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks guys. What's Rec?

You're not too late; we'll wait to hear from a couple more people and then do another PM promo code race to redemption.

2. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Rec is a Spanish horror film, (remade in the states as Quarantine, which was awful in comparison.) and is possibly the scariest and best zombie film I have ever seen. (once tou get past the fact its spanish with english subtitles.)

It's a found footage kinda thing. A lot of the film is lit by the light from the video camera. Which is why I think the trailer for Affliction reminded me of it :)

More promos you say! Most excellent! Hopefully I shan't be asleep for those but either way, this looks great.

3. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I would enjoy racing for a promo code! If that's okay.. /)(•_•)(\

4. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    I'll send another batch tomorrow afternoon (early evening in the UK so Maniacfive will have a fighting chance). Quarantine was terrible, had no idea it was a remake. Sounds like I'll have to take a look at Rec.

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    In Affliction your device is the gun, so the only way it would make sense, perspective-wise, would be for the top of the gun to be centered and taking up the whole bottom half of the screen. We can't come up with any aesthetic or gameplay benefits to including the gun on screen, other than the fact that other FPSs include it.

Sent out a promo code to Ghostz, Maniacfive, and sawyer4325. May the fastest PM-checker win! If you aren't the first to redeem, stick around...we'll keep sending them, and we'll also be posting leftovers in the launch thread on 5/31.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Hey could you make the sensitivity higher on the aiming controls? I have to flip my device so I don't see the game myself to fully turn. Also, I know you've gone this way, but I still think a joystick would be great. Would love to see the gun too while holding it, but okay I understand that you wanted a gun's perspective.

7. ONE

ONE Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Thanks.
    There's something like a promo code left?:D

8. Maniacfive

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    My thanks to Naquatic for the promo race. I won. whoop!

Gotta say this is really good. I've only played a handful of matches, but its very atmospheric, did find myself spinning around in my chair to check behind me. Although I can't see myself playing this one in bed ;) Can the non gyro controls be enabled on Gyro capable devices or is it an automatic thing on boot?

I for one really like the reloading mechanic, it simple enough and can be done quick, but takes you out of firing position just long enough for things to get tense if you have to reload in the heat of things. A couple of times I've convinced myself that theres a zombie with glowing red eyes in front of me... before realising its the crosshairs. Not often a game actually makes me see stuff that isn't there!

I've not played on my iPad yet but I'm quite looking forward to that. As it stands this is really fun. And even if i had not won the code I don't think I'd have had any regrets dropping some coin on this. Its got a real pick up and play quality in addition to the creepiness.

Thats said... there's always room for improvement right... :D I'd like to see some more variation in the zombies, bigger smaller, female male, etc etc. No need to go Zombie Flick levels of zombie madness, but just a few different looks.

Thanks again for the code guys!

9. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #49 Naquatic, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Yup. We'll do another race in a little bit. You're on the list!

You're very welcome! The joystick is enabled automatically on non-gyro devices. We can see about making it an option in subsequent updates. More zombie variation is on our list as well.

10. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for the promo race! Didn't even try once I checked! Knew it was over! Still...instabuy

11. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I do not understand the concept of the promo race, perhaps I should read back a few pages, but only got as far as the 31st may release date that disappoints me, I want to buy this now, looks great

12. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Anybody who has it wanna play multiplayer?

13. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I'll be online if you want to try.

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #54 Naquatic, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Let's do it. I'm PMing you my Game Center name.

We've starting to run low on promos, so every so often we're PMing the same promo code to a few users. Whoever redeems it first gets it. Hoping this isn't in violation of any forum rules...I wish we had more codes to go around.

15. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    On it.

16. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    The dynamic lighting and gyroscopic controls look really impressive and very unique to the platform and genre. As an ardent Walking Dead fan, I would absolutely love to join in on the multiplayer zombie-slaying action as soon as possible! I wish you much success with your new game.

17. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    :0 zomg literally. Can't wait for more! This looks amazing!!!!

18. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    And I'd like to enter in the promo code race if at all possible :) I can't wait, no matter when I see it, I'm sure it will be amazing

19. Maniacfive

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Was showing this off at work earlier. Got lots of oooos from my coworkers. I hope the manager doesn't check the CCTV, one, I should be working not playing games, two, I shouldn't be using my phone on the shop floor. :D (although I've always found that rule strange as I work in a phone shop.)

Anyway, am I too understand, that if playing a two player game and the other person is with me standing behind me, that they will be quite literally be covering my back?

Because that is amazing.

20. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yes, I believe that is how it works. It's really cool how you can see your partner's gun flashes as well. Adds to the realism.