Need a good video screen capture app!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SuperSlovak, Dec 3, 2009.

1. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    are there any applications that capture video on the iphone screen? I cant find anything. or even a pc program, that works on windows would be nice.

any ideas?

2. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    #2 UndeadZed, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    yea there is no app like this for the iphone would be a big seller here on TA but we can't run two apps simultaneously or have one app over another app

3. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Well you could always go the old fashion way, hold a camera and point it to the screen.

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Old fashioned way? More like the way-we-still-do-it way :p

5. iiAtlas

iiAtlas Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    New York City
    If you jailbreak (www.blackra1n.com) there is an app called ScreenSplitr and it displays your screen on your computer. From there you could use IShowU HD to record it :)

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Are there any examples of how well it works? Almost sounds like it's worth jailbreaking for.

7. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I jailbroke 2.1 and use veency. It is a really nice app that allows you to control your iPhone from the computer and it would show up on theiphone. Helpful to text because it allows you to use tge keyboard on ur PC/mac. U can play a game on ur iPhone and it would show up on the computer. The downside is it was a very low frame rate 1-5 fps. And didn't even work with some games screenspliter might work better but this is what I tried.
    Also the jailbroken experiance for iPhone 3.+.+ is horrible. All the apps close super slowly and tge phone runs super slow. That's my experiance. I would just use the iPhone simulator and a screen recorder for your mac.

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm on an iPod Touch 2G, that's kinda why I never bothered with jailbreaking before, iPhones get more of an advantage as far as unlocking extra features goes... if someone got a screen recording tool working properly it'd be a great reason for me to do it. Doesn't sound too promising yet though.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Damn, that's quite impressive. The only drawback I can think of is it's harder to judge where you're touching. The ideal situation would be to display on both screens but there's probably a good reason why that's not possible.

10. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    YeA that's the issue I had. It probably can't be on both screens because that would slow the fps down and tge whole point is to keep it high in this app

11. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    why didnt i think of that hold a camera in one hand and the iphone in the other, nah i wish there was an app for that

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's called a tr-iPod.

13. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #14 ImNoSuperMan, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    Oops wrong thread :eek:

14. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Lol...

15. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    There's a cable, I don't know how it's exactly called...

Ah I found something about it:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454

You may be able to connect it to a TV-Card on your computer and then record it.

16. bananza

bananza New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Usually I prefer use the program Screen VidShot.
    Fro this purpose it is possible to use the program:)