Does anyone in here still play games on a console?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dizzle12, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dizzle12

dizzle12 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Only iphone/ipod? or both?

I have to say I haven't seen a console game worth picking up until COD: MW2 comes out.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I play the occasional CSS on my PC. But not much.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Last console I owned was a PS2 -- gave it away years ago, since I just didn't have the time to play in front of the TV anymore. I do still play games on my MacBook Pro, though -- in fact, playing Modern Combat got me to fire up Modern Warfare again.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Once in a while maybe my PSP or DS for specific old favorites but Xbox 360 has laid dormant for months now.

It's hard to beat the endless plethora of games usually professional Xbox Arcade quality or better each and every day for pennies on the dollar! It's the ultimate short attention spanner's dream with all of these games in a single place for you to flip back and forth between without bothering with a single disc or cartridge.

5. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 The_Running_Man, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    I've been trying to get back into console/pc gaming. The quest did get me back into oblivion for awhile. The problem is that My pc can only play old games and I only have a ps2 and have played all the games I own to death. I can't afford a new console because I have been spending my money on quality iphone apps and am happy doing just that.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

well as a pretty big sports gamer I would say yes. Nothing comes close to the quality of madden 10. NHL 09 and soon to be 10 are some of the best sports games ever. And there isn't even hockey on the app store. I would ravensword can provide this but again oblivion can't be matched. Same with fallout. Finally with no game showing up real solid multiplayer.... Well that counts for tonnes of games.

So after all that yes I do still play my xbox tonnes.

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in war games so there are lots of console games I play.
    I play:
    - Tales of Symphonia~ Knights of Ratatosk
    - Resident Evil 4 Wii
    - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
    - Sengoku Musō: Katana
    - Sengoku Basara
    - Ougon no Kizuna
    ~for Wii.

I mainly read books on iPhone now.

8. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Whilst I love my iPhone and all it's games, there is no way it could replace my large hi def TV and my PS3.

Currently playing:
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Fat Princess
    Battlefield 1943
    Colin McRae DiRT 2

:D

9. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Recently I have been playing on my iPod ALOT but I do play cod 4 on PC alot, still.. It's just so awesome! I agree with u I havnt bought a console game in ages but I'm gonna get braid on sale this weekend, only £3.50! And I MIGHT get l4d2 but since it's very similar to l4d I might not, and I'm gonna get MW 2 but there's no much else I'm really excited for. :(

10. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Hmm...

Well, definitely I have been shifting heavily towards portable gaming (iPhone/DS/PSP), but there's always those gotta-have console games, ya know?

11. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    PS3 daily - COD4, BF1943, Burnout Paradise, Wipeout Fury, SOCOM and others.
    360 is a little dusty, PSP also gets played.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Play games on my DS when my iPod touch is stuck in a sync or recharging.

At home I often play games on our Wii - currently playing Wii Sports Resort.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I absolutely still play my 360, although I'm pretty sure I play my iPod more. Mostly play Skate 2, and occasionally Halo or Fallout, and there's been some really fun XBL Arcade games worth playing too. What I DO NOT play anymore, however, is my PSP or even my fairly new DSi. They just really don't interest me anymore. I'm looking to get rid of them both, along with all their games, for some extra cash. I'm even contemplating getting rid of my Dreamcast with my insane collection of rare games for it. I'd rather not, as it's kind of dear to my heart, but times are tough money-wise and I rarely play it anymore. And I really have no interest in PS3 right now either, even with the new cheaper price. Perhaps down the line, but for now I'm perfectly content with my hundreds of game apps and my 360.

14. app-inured

app-inured Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I play multiplayer on the Xbox 360 or the Wii pretty much every day, and there's no way gaming on the iPhone could change that!

Even for "proper" single player gaming there's nothing on my phone that would take time away from the home consoles. I find the iPhone best for spontaneous, ADD-style gaming.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I play tons of XBOX 360, and ever since the Professor Layton sequel came out for the DS I've been playing that too. I can't wait for Halo ODST, it was awesome at PAX.

16. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    There is no way that I have stopped playing my ps3 because of my iPhone. I still play my ps3 everyday. Games I am currently playing a lot are Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4, Dead Space,and Batman Arkham Asylum. I also have Uncharted:Among Thieves and Modern Warfare 2 reserved. I can't wait till they come out

17. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I play my iPhone only. I sold my 360 and my pc cost too much to upgrade. With my semi-busy lifestyle my iPhone is a dream come true.

18. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    #18 Pug4Death, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    You think a stupid cellphone game would distract me from the real games out there? You can't be serious; it's good for ten minutes whilst waiting for the bus, or just wasting spare times/ coffee breaks. You can't go wrong with some of the PSP/DS games either; they both are a much better platform for gaming. I mostly use the PC for my gaming purposes, can't beat the REAL Modern Warfare, the REAL GTA IV, and the REAL Oblivion.

19. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    No way I'll let the iphone replace my consoles for gaming. I'll admit I don't play them as much anymore because of igaming but it is by no means a replacement especially when it comes to multiplayer.

I too am waiting for the next COD more than any other game at this point.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Guess we have different definitions of "real game": if I'm having fun with it, then it's a real game in my book. But I don't think anybody would argue that portable gaming (whether from a dedicate device or from an iPhone) replaces gaming on a PC or a home console. I think it's more a question of lifestyle, age, and shifting priorities -- at least it is for me. Some games (and gaming systems) fit your life better than others.