Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Should be a way to sell old iOS games

Wouldn't it be nice if we could sell our old games somehow? Like how we use to do with console games. If you are anything like me, which many of you probably are, you have hundreds of old games just taking up space on your hard drive. Even if you only got a 5˘ per title, it would add up to another game sooner or later. Is this even possible? I'm sure it's not but, why?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:24 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Im against this idea, less people will be showing my fave developers love then.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:30 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

We're already getting games at prices I never expected to see, so not too worried about the ability to sell games.

Developers spend months on games and we get it for a buck or two. We're already getting an amazing deal.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oJAKEo0o View Post
Is this even possible? I'm sure it's not but, why?
No, primarily because you don't actually own any of the games, you buy a license to use the application. Check the AppStore terms and conditions.

Quote:
The software products made available through the Mac App Store and App Store (collectively, the “App Store Products”) are licensed, not sold, to you.
Now I suppose theoretically that doesn't rule out the sale of licenses if Apple were to make them transferable, but I'm fairly certain there's less than zero chance of that happening.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:27 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Totally against the idea. Devs need all the help they can get. Reselling a 99c game is a joke. Making 5c a game ? Are things that bad???

Games are so cheap. I wish some kids would realise that. If people want more and more new games reselling them won't help one bit. Come on. Games are mostly 99c and you get great value for money

Last edited by psj3809; 12-19-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Old 12-19-2013, 12:31 AM

Developers have been trying to close the second hand market on other platforms, I don't really see Apple adopting it.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Developers have been trying to close the second hand market on other platforms, I don't really see Apple adopting it.
You can see why to be honest, they spend millions making games and need to recoup the money, the second hand market offers them nothing.

To be fair its a difficult one as you cant stop ebay really from selling second hand games. But lets be honest, when most iOS games are 99c i cant believe people even think its worth doing.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

At the price of most games being under a few dollars or pounds, I cant imagine many developers apart from the big well knowns making a great deal of money, I think they have a tough enough job as it is without losing even more sales because folks are selling their license for a few pennies. Even more stuff would go free to play or whatever it's called in order for devs to make some money.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

If iOS games were more expensive the I'd expect to be able to sell them, but not at the current prices.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:33 PM

Totally against the idea, we are all getting extremely awesome prices for many premium games. For example, a call of duty game would cost $59.99, but if you buy the MC franchise, you have to pay like $6.99. I prefer the way prices are right now. Like what others' have said, dev spend so much money on one game and they only charge you like a dollar. That's a steal, specially if its only a dollarz