Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsThanea View Post
At the moments we are testing the changes - we are sure we can lower the difficulty of some cases in Chapter 2, as they appeared much harder than we planned. It is also possible that we will find a way of easing out the most frustrating random situations on puzzles.

Will keep you posted, and once more thank you for the wonderful feedback!
I agree wholeheartedly w/ Isiel. As you say, this is supposed to be a game of skill, not chance. Reducing the difficulty level would eliminate the challenge of knowing when to use a SKILL or TOOL in order to maximise my profit. If cases could be completed w/out the use of SKILLS or TOOLS, I probably wouldn't stopped playing it off boredom.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm sure they designed this with the freemium market in mind. Late in the game this game should get much easier (the matching part), and I have so much cash on hand and nothing to spend it on except for items.

Last edited by indalico; 04-14-2014 at 01:15 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty_79 View Post
I've found a secret case, but can't figure out how to play it now! Anyone know where to go to pull it up?
Go to the case files, and slide past Chapter 3 to get to the drawer with the bonus cases
Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Missing skill/tool

Hey, anyone notice any missing skills or tools? When I first installed ACS, there was a skill/tool to send the nearest witness to the end of the queue. I restarted the game the next day, and the skill/tool was gone! It was a big help with the match 3 puzzle while I had it, but i'm wondering whether I just forgot where to find it or whether the developers removed it.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shira View Post
Go to the case files, and slide past Chapter 3 to get to the drawer with the bonus cases
Many thanks @shira!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candybuzz View Post
Hey, anyone notice any missing skills or tools? When I first installed ACS, there was a skill/tool to send the nearest witness to the end of the queue. I restarted the game the next day, and the skill/tool was gone! It was a big help with the match 3 puzzle while I had it, but I'm wondering whether I just forgot where to find it or whether the developers removed it.
That is a TOOL called "Restraining Order". I just checked, & I've still got all three of mine. Replacements can be purchased using the cash register in the bottom right corner of the screen & cost 2 CANDIES to replace (I *think*, but seeing as how I've got all three in stock right now, I am unable to verify that).
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 PM

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Is it just me or anyone else finding the missing undo feature to be a great annoyance? Often, my tap would not register properly so that a proper tool or skills was not selected ahead of a match. Your attention is so focused on the main match-3 board that you assume your tap to pick a tool or skill has been properly registered, only to find later once you made the match that it has not.
It is most definitely *not* just you. I've had it happen to me a couple of times now that, for whatever reason, my line of 5 whatevers didn't properly register, so I've collected three or four of whatever, leaving me both w/out the evidence that I was trying to create & only two whatevers left, so I can't even collect them to get them off the board! It's terribly frustrating to not be able to undo the error, but at least the game isn't timed,. Lately, I've just found myself going really slowly on the big cases, in order to prevent such errors.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:51 AM

So, IMHO things get really bogged down in chapter 3, when 10 and more papers are required to unlock a major case. Why not allow us to unlock major cases with candy? Solving so many minor cases is a tedious chore by this point, IMHO. Nor does it induce one to spend, because you can buy papers with candy, but you still have to solve the requisite number of minor cases. So, tedium not even so the dev can earn money, but purely for the sake of it?
Also, a bit more challenge and variation at this point (8 cases into chapter 3, level 15) would have been welcome.
I am still (slowly) playing though, there is no question that underlying mechanics are very entertaining.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
So, IMHO things get really bogged down in chapter 3, when 10 and more papers are required to unlock a major case. Why not allow us to unlock major cases with candy? Solving so many minor cases is a tedious chore by this point, IMHO. Nor does it induce one to spend, because you can buy papers with candy, but you still have to solve the requisite number of minor cases. So, tedium not even so the dev can earn money, but purely for the sake of it?
Also, a bit more challenge and variation at this point (8 cases into chapter 3, level 15) would have been welcome.
I am still (slowly) playing though, there is no question that underlying mechanics are very entertaining.
I'm pretty sure you can just buy the remaining newspapers you need for a case with candy if you don't want to do the newspaper cases.